Answered

Sonos surround ps4 pro and optomaUHD40

• 3 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a room where i have Optomauhd40 projector in the roof in the back of the room. Also at the back of the room i have ps4 pro, 2x Sonos ones and a Sonos Connect. In the front i have the screen and Sonos Beam.

Problem is that i cannot connect the Sonos surround sound to the ps4 pro or the projector. I have tried to pull optical line from the connect to the projector and from the ps4 pro to the connect but cannot get it working.

I dont want to pull a wire from the beam to the projector/ps4 pro.

Anybody who has experience of this situation? I have read tons of writings but still dont have a clear solution for
this.

icon

Best answer by tomppap93 3 February 2019, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The optical port on the connect is an audio out as indicated on the device itself, so you will not be able to feed sound into it from the projector. The only line in the Connect has is analog, the right pair of RCA jacks. Furthermore the Connect was not designed for HT audio, so you will not be able to pair your speakers to it as a 5.1 set, and you will likely experience lag if you input the audio as analog and then group the speakers.

Unfortunately, the only way to do this correctly is to feed the audio into the Beam, either by HDMI if the projector supports ARC, or by optical.
Thank you for the good and clear answer.

Now, before i start connecting the Beam and the projector with a wire i only would like to know if there is a possibility to connect the projector, ps4 pro and sound system by airplay/Appletv somehow?
The Beam supports Airplay 2. I don't use any Apple devices so I wouldn't know how you would go about combining any audio streams and Airplaying them to the Beam. However, Airplay also is not intended to deliver lagfree TV audio so you will not be able to achieve lipsync audio, similar to using analog in.
Bringing lipsync audio in 5.1 to a Beam, Playbar/Base or Amp requires bandwidth and low latency without buffering, which is only available over HDMI or optical - a physical cable..