Sonos setup for new house

• 2 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am considering to buy Sonos to my new house. First I want to place sonos beam and two play one as surround. In future I will place another play one in bathroom and in other rooms.

Living room and kitchen is I would say medium size, there are measures in plan. surround speakers will be mounted under ceiling. Later I will probably buy Sonos subwoofer.

Does this setup make sense for my living room?
Is Beam powerfull enough for my space?
If I play music from spotify do all speakers play?

Thanks in advance
Honza

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have no experience with the Beam, but you might want to consider the Playbar, given the distance to your seating area and the depth of the room (my living room is of similar depth). I use Playbar, 2x One and Sub in a similar sized space (6 x 5.5m except it is all living room) and it sounds great. However, I don't know what the dining area will do to the soundscape.
If you're considering ceiling surrounds, you could use the Amp for that, and put a One in the dining area and a One in the kitchen area for music. You wouldn't be able to use the Ones when watching TV, as it will create an echo due to the grouping delay, but listening to music could be done from all speakers simultaneously.
Thanks for reply. I am considering beam because of airplay 2, hdmi and better price. I understand that adding additional play one would be better for listening music. It would require creating 3 independent zones - living room (sorround), kitchen, dining room am I right? so for listen music I would use all three zones together and for watching tv just living room.
Yes, the Playbar, although more powerful, unfortunately lacks some features of the Beam due to it being the older product.
Your reasoning for the zoning is exactly what I meant, yes.