Question

Sonos Playbase is loosing connection to Sub and Surrounds.

• 9 October 2020
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I have in my living room Sonos Playbase, Sonos Sub and 2 Ikea as surround speakers. When I play with sonos app to livingroom randomly my sub and surrounds stop playing. The will resume play after a while, randomly or not or after I pause and start music again in app. Also very frequently whole setup will cut last 10 sec of every song. I’ve changing 2.4g channel, I have connect playbase with ethernet, did factory reset, removed from alexa and from homekit, test it - same. Even now I’ve grouped living room with two other Play 5 in other room, and again the same, no sum, no surrounds, cutting the end. Wifi hotspot within 10m, Internet 940 Mbps/100 Mbps.

One more thing, when playpase is streaming from TV, I don’t recall this issue.

This is diagnostic the number: 561759515  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @mye.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report, I know how annoying that your surrounds are not working properly with the soundbar.

Base on the diagnostic report there is some interference going on in the network and since the soundbar is the first device hardwire to your AP that's why other speakers are not working properly.

Try to change the Sonosnet in your App open the Sonos app and go to Settings > System > Network > SonosNet Channel.

Also, one cause of your speakers to drop out is wifi interference and we see it on the Soundbar.

This link will surely eliminate wireless interference.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’ll try different channels on SonosNet. But it still doesn’t answering the question that wired Playbase is cutting the songs ends. Feels like Playbase firmware issue...

Just a thought: would be so better if Sonos didn’t cheap out and use 2.4/5G wifi chips in their products….

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @mye.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I understand how it feels to have this kind of issue with your sound system.

Would you mind trying to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router and AP

When the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices.

If still doesn't work a second diagnostic report should tell us more about whats going on with your products.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Can it be Unifi Dream Machine Issue? It doesn’t have RSTP / STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) support weirdly enough.

My Living Room Playbar Always in Orange/Red colour, But it connected by the wire. And My sub is next to it - all Green.

Diagnostic: 1711291717

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @mye.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Yes, your correct STP is required for Sonosnet.

You can follow this article to Configure STP settings to work with Sonos.

Hopefully, this can fix the issue.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.