Question

Sonos:Playbase audio cuts in and out.

Hello,

I’m searched the forum, and found similar threads, but all are old and closed now. I'm curious if anyone ever found a solution. 

What I'm experiencing is that when I'm watching TV, the audio on my Playbase starts to cut in and out. If I unplug the playbase, the audio goes back to normal and works fine... However the following day the audio on the playbase starts to cut in and out again. And if I unplug/plug it again, it starts to work just fine again, until the following afternoon... this has been happening for the past 2 weeks. 

Curious to hear if anyone has managed to solve this issue.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Badge

Plus one here. I’m having the same issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @gonbry and @kelvdon, thank you for reaching out and getting out attention to this.

I would like for both of you to test if normal music playback also has audio dropouts.

I would also to know the model of the TV you each own and how the Playbase is connected.

Also, replicate the issue and then take a diagnostic in the Sonos app and post the confirmation here.

Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

This will allow us to see the error logs on the diagnostic data.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out. 

Badge

Hi Kyle, no dropouts when music being played. Thought that optical cable might be the issue so swapped it out. Same issue. It should be noted that it only happens periodically, not every day. 

I have a lg c9 oled 65, and it’s not on the list of known issues. Will post diagnostic data when I get home.

Badge

Hi Kyle, I submitted the diagnostics. Submission 1963822320.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kelvdon.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Just want to check you out if the issue still continue since it been a while.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi Mark,

Still having the issue. In fact happened 2 days ago again.

K

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kelvdon.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since it been almost a month the previous diagnostic is no longer accurate.

If you encounter the audio cutout again can you try to submit a diagnostic report for us to see whats going on?

Badge

Hi Mark

Diagnostics submitted number 1913029343.

Badge

Mark,

it just happened again. Diagnostics number 1162237248.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kelvdon.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I’ve reviewed the latest diagnostic you submitted, Is there any other device sitting next to the playback besides the TV?

I'm seeing some wifi interference, I suggest to turn off for the meantime does the device or move it as far from the playback.

Or you can try to hardwire one of your speakers directly to the modem or router using an ethernet cable.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi Mark,

My wireless router is near the playbase and the playbase is hardwired via Ethernet cable to the router. I would have thought being hardwired, the wireless interference would not be an issue.

I set it up this way because since S2 was released, the whole Sonos network kept disappearing almost daily. By having one of the devices plugged into the router, it has been very stable. The router is a Netgear RAX 80 wifi 6.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kelvdon.

Thank you for providing the make and model of the router and verifying the speakers are already under Sonosnet.

Let's try this, can you please change the Sonos wifi channel to 11.

Go to Settings » System » Network » Sonos net channel.

Try to monitor if theirs any changes if it doesn't work, hardwire additional speaker to the router.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi

i changed to channel 11 and had another drop out. New diagnostic 942943656. 

I am unable to connect other speakers to the router as they are on other floors of the house. I am not having issues with those speakers, just the play base which is connected to the router via Ethernet. 

Badge

The latest cutout. Diagnostic number 1327921512. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kelvdon.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Since we already tried multiple troubleshooting steps I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more.