I completely understand the problem to add DTS re-coding to the current Playbar due to the fact
of introducing audio delay. And since the Sonos Playbar is only
responsible for audio, this delay can't be added for video as well.
Therefore, I would like Sonos to make a Sonos Playbar 2 or Sonos PlaybarHDMI which takes care about audio and video. DTS and other sound formats could be easily re-coded into a supported audio format and the audio/video sync could be kept.
But it could also address other improvement possibilities:
- Display "Volume" onscreen
- Support IR remote controls (and others as well) to adjust night mode and speech enhancement
- Multiple HDMI inputs / HDMI switch
- Display currently played music (while not in TV mode)
- Possibility to steer music with basic controls via IR (Play/Pause, Next track, Previous track, radio stations)
- Possibility to add two front channels (Playbar + 4x Play:1 + Sub)
- Possibility to increase width of Playbar to fit it to the size of the TV