Answered

Sonos One's not working with 5.1 in living room.

• 14 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos Community,

I'm having an issue with my living room 5.1 right now where my Play One's (with Alexa) aren't working with my 5.1 surround. Here's the situation. I bought a Playbase, Sub, and two Sonos 1's last year. I also bought the Alexa enabled "One's" pair for my bedroom last year as well.

This year, I nabbed the Beam for my bedroom which is Alexa enabled. SO with that said, I Swapped my 1's and One's from bedroom to living room and vice versa. (One's went from the bedroom to Living room // Living room 1's went into the Bedroom since the Beam is Alexa enabled). The beam paired seamlessly with the older 1's ( I guess creating 5.0 for the bedroom) and it works.

HOWEVER, the Sonos One's (with Alexa) don't work with my playbase now. I keep getting an error when pairing them to the playbase. I've even reset the sonos One's and nothing. They work as speakers when unpaired and standalone/stereo as two speakers. Despite the error, they still show as: Living Room (+Sub+LS+RS).

I saw this issue on a few threads and one mentioned the drivers in the wireless card in the playbase wasn't working properly so sonos sent them replacement base? I saw other threads where these don't work on a 5GHZ network (which I Checked my Apple Airport Router and its off). I saw another thread about checking the WM's. The Base is on WM:0 and the Sub and One's are all on WM:1 so not sure if that's wrong?

I know I am no audio file but I consider myself good with troubleshooting and tech, restarting, checking network settings, etc. I'm a techie after all, but this I am beyond confused why its not pairing or working as a 5.1 setup. I mostly moved my speakers around so I could have one Alexa setup in my room and Alexa in my living room now by moving the ones out to the living room and now I'm stuck with a 5.1 that doesn't work with the exception of the Playbase playing out from the TV.

@Sonos, I've also submitted a Diagnostics Report. Confirmation Number: 393244889. Please help! I've touted you guys as better than Bose to my friends and they chose you guys over Bose and VIZIO so please don't let me down with CS.

Thank you Sonos and the community for any help!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 December 2018, 02:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, rajtheracer. Thanks for the detailed post and sharing your diagnostic report. After a quick look, it seems that the Playbase in the Living Room is showing a hardware failure error and will need to be replaced. My recommendation is to get in contact with our support team on either Facebook or Twitter over the weekend. Be sure to share this diagnostic report with them as they will be able to see the same error and get the process started for you rather than needing to wait until Monday.

Thanks for your patience!