Sonos, Netflix/Hulu, Samsung

• 25 January 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Sonos not working with apps on new Samsung tv. When ever I use Hulu or Netflix I get no sound and I have to switch to the built-in tv speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Richardortega. Thanks for posting. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Ths will let us get a closer look at the signal it is receiving from the TV.

Additionally, is your Frame TV directly connected to the Sonos via Optical cable?

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 2
Sonos is Connected directly with Optical. I will submit a diagnostic tonight.
Userlevel 2
Diagnostics submitted. #8431345
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic. Was this run while attempting to play audio from the TV apps? If not, please submit another report while sending audio from Netflix or Hulu to the PLAYBAR.
Userlevel 2
Ok. I did a few different ones: Netflix 8432735, Amazon 8432740, Hulu 8432742, Cable 8432749
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks again. The first two (Netflix and Amazon) both show that they are not getting any signal from the TV at all, while the following (Hulu and Cable) both show a stereo signal.

Do you happen to have an extra optical cable to test? Sometimes optical cables can be easy to damage.
Userlevel 2
I don't. But curiously why would the optical work on settings and not others? Interestingly, Netflix has different audio options depending on show. Sometimes it will have 5.1 as an option and others times not. Also Hulu and Cable do not offer audio options at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
According to the diagnostic, we are only seeing a signal from Hulu and from Cable TV. When looking at the diagnostics while playing content from Netflix and Amazon, there is no signal being sent to the PLAYBAR. That's what is odd. If you do not have a cable handy, no worries. You may want to take a closer look at the audio settings for these apps giving you a problem.

I would also recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. That way we can test these changes in real time with diagnostic reports a bit faster.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Thanks - what hours are technicians available?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Based on your registered location, they are available from 10 am - 9 pm Eastern. Talk soon!
Userlevel 2
i am not getting an answer from support. on hold for 20 mins. Can you help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Please stay on the line for support. I referred you to call in to troubleshoot in real time and to get to a resolution as quickly as possible. Continuing to troubleshoot through the Community forums will limit the tools we can use to find the root cause and will take significantly longer than a phone call.

We appreciate your patience.