Question

Sonos Beam unable to connect to internet

• 31 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Recently my Sonos system but specifically the beam has been having issues connecting the the internet. 

It plays TV audio, but Alexa doesnt work and it cant play any internet sources. The rear speakers connected to it still work and can usually share the Tv audio to the other rooms. 

I beleive it started when i changed some router settings to get the BT vision box working properly, but i think Ive put them back and Im still having problems. 

I think a new neighbour changed ISP, and the router was interfering too, which was affecting other speakers, but I changed wireless channel and everything else seems to be better, just the beam.

Anyone got any ideas

Ive run a diagnotic, which is 1246674982, if that helps at all

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Little bit more troubleshooting and some information that might be relevant. 

Im using an Asus mesh, but its worked fine up until the last week. 

If i turn on IGMP snooping on the wifi, the ANI on all the speakers jumps to 9 and falls back down on most of them if i turn it off again. 

The only thing i havent tried is putting them on sonosnet, which they were in my old house. This ones quite a bit bigger though. I have a play 1 around the centre of the house, will a play 1 handle the load or would i be better off using one of the newer speakers.

So i plugged the play 1 into the network and so far its been more reliable, all the speakers have stayed connected. 

Alexa no longer responds however, so i tried removing it from the whole system and deleted the skill. 

Its works again with all the speakers other than the beam, which just says there is a problem. 

Anyone got any ideas

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @montrano, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion or low wireless range; an audio dropout was detected in your due to sync error; one of the speakers is experiencing a dropped room in your dining room which may cause the player not to show on the rooms menu for few seconds and comes back; some of your speakers don't have cloud connection to the Sonos server. These network-related issues that may be causing the issue.

To address this issue, the next step is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

After performing the steps above and you're still experiencing the same problem, wire one speaker to your router and test Sonos' performance. 

We would like to have you submit another diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We’ll wait for your reply.