Answered

Sonos Beam not detected as Simplink-device (LG HDMI-CEC)

• 15 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
I have a Beam hooked up to an LG Smart-tv (pre WebOS).

The tv supports HDMI-CEC (LG Simplink) and ARC.

Setup vas generelly very smooth and I had sound and remote-control via IR working in minutes.

Unfortunately, I am not able to control the TV via Alexa.

I went through the tv's various settings for Simplink, which included doing a full reset of the TV to set everything up from scratch.

Simplink is enabled and works perfectly for the attached Chromecast, which is immediatly detected by the tv as a Simplink-device, enabling control over the tv via the Chromecast.

The Beam is however not detected as a Simplink-device and consequently Alexa has no control over the tv.

The TV will turn on if I ask Alexa to turn on the Beam, but that is it. I noticed that other members have wrongfully concluded that HDMI-CEC must be working because their tv's were turning on as I describe. However, this is likely because of another function ( I think the name is HDMI auto-switch or similar) which enables tv's to automatically switch to HDMI-port when activated.

I have tried various suggestions throughout the forum, including disconnecting the Chromecast, swithcing cables, unplugging cables etc.

Do I need to do anything on the Sonos-side to enable the Beam to be deteced as a Simplink-device, e.g. enable the HDMI-CEC functions somewhere?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 14 January 2019, 18:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
It doesn't connect to my Sony via Bravia Sync either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Tejs, sorry for the delay, but I wanted to clarify a few things. Regarding this:
Do I need to do anything on the Sonos-side to enable the Beam to be deteced as a Simplink-device, e.g. enable the HDMI-CEC functions somewhere?
There's nothing you'll need to do setting wise with the Beam to get it to be detected. The HDMI-CEC is automatic with the right connections. Just make sure that everything's plugged in with a good cable and go through the TV settings. We have some steps outlined here for troubleshooting things. A great step for testing is to put the TV on the Beam's input and see if you can turn the TV off with voice.

If you're stilling having trouble with HDMI-CEC, we'd be happy to look into this with you. Feel free to reach out to our support team directly, they'll be happy to assist.