Answered

Sonos Beam / LG C7 / TV-box lip sync problem

Badge
Hallo,

I purchased the new Sonos Beam today. My TV is a OLED LG65C7V. I have used the included HDMI from Sonos to connect my Beam to the HDMI2 (ARC)-port on the TV.

To watch TV (regular broadcasting channels) I use a digital box from my broadcaster GET (Norway). This is connected to the HDMI1 on my TV.

When I'm watching TV with my Beam, there is a lip sync fail. I had no issue with this before the Beam. However, when I now watch Netflix (with the integrated smart-OS on the TV), there is less or non problem with lip sync.

Anyone have a solution for how I can fix the lip sync when watching regular broadcasting TV? Please let me know if you need more information about my setup (not an expert in this).

Regards,
Magnus
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 18 July 2018, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Try changing the audio delay to the extreme. Try 0 and then max ?
Badge
I have LG B7 connected to Optimum Cable box and Beam. After extensive trouble shooting the only fix for audio delay for my set-up (so far) is disabling the Dolby Digital pass through in the cable box. Please note that when streaming content (Netflix, Amazon) through the TV - without going through the cable box - there is no audio delay.
I have a 65B7A, nvidia shield, and beam and have the DD audio processing lag over ARC and Optical output that is mentioned every other day.

IMO, Sonos rushed this product to market. They make great music speakers but aren’t ready for TV speakers. Incompatibilities with top brand TV’s is pretty unreal in this day and age. Especially for a high end product like this.

The other issue I have is codec support. Sonos has DD support and literally nothing else. It’s really pathetic. Every other sound bar manufacturer has more than 1 codec support. Dts, atmos, DD+ should all be supported these days. All of them are heavily used in industry.

The current solution according to these forums iis getting an hdmi optical splitter and completely bypassing the LG OLED which is another 30 bucks. This fixes the lag issue but then it completely breaks Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos which uses DD+ for their high end videos. Everyone watches Netflix these days but guess what Sonos doesn’t support DD+ and since you’re now bypassing the TV it wont convert the DD+ to DD and u get no sound or u have to go into the settings every single time u play something and change it to stereo. Also, if u move to an hdmi splitter u regain sync but then u lose CEC and Alexa capabilities.

The other solution I see around is forcing to PCM which is stupid cuz you lose Dolby digital altogether and just bought a 400 speaker that now only supports stereo which u can likely get for less than a hundred dollars.

The speaker sound is great but the # of compatibility issues and workarounds needed to get this to work is absolutely insane. I’ve literally tried every recommendation in these threads and I still don’t have a good setup. For this price it should be plug n play.

If anyone has any other suggestions on fixing this I’d love to hear them. As of right now I would give this product 1-2 stars out of 5.

People say it’s not rocket science. But I’m actually a nasa rocket scientist and even I can’t get this to work as advertised.
I have a 65B7A, nvidia shield, and beam and have the DD audio processing lag over ARC and Optical output that is mentioned every other day.

IMO, Sonos rushed this product to market. They make great music speakers but aren’t ready for TV speakers. Incompatibilities with top brand TV’s is pretty unreal in this day and age. Especially for a high end product like this.

The other issue I have is codec support. Sonos has DD support and literally nothing else. It’s really pathetic. Every other sound bar manufacturer has more than 1 codec support. Dts, atmos, DD+ should all be supported these days. All of them are heavily used in industry.

The current solution according to these forums iis getting an hdmi optical splitter and completely bypassing the LG OLED which is another 30 bucks. This fixes the lag issue but then it completely breaks Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos which uses DD+ for their high end videos. Everyone watches Netflix these days but guess what Sonos doesn’t support DD+ and since you’re now bypassing the TV it wont convert the DD+ to DD and u get no sound or u have to go into the settings every single time u play something and change it to stereo. Also, if u move to an hdmi splitter u regain sync but then u lose CEC and Alexa capabilities.

The other solution I see around is forcing to PCM which is stupid cuz you lose Dolby digital altogether and just bought a 400 speaker that now only supports stereo which u can likely get for less than a hundred dollars.

The speaker sound is great but the # of compatibility issues and workarounds needed to get this to work is absolutely insane. I’ve literally tried every recommendation in these threads and I still don’t have a good setup. For this price it should be plug n play.

If anyone has any other suggestions on fixing this I’d love to hear them. As of right now I would give this product 1-2 stars out of 5.

People say it’s not rocket science. But I’m actually a nasa rocket scientist and even I can’t get this to work as advertised.

holy word.
Sonos listens!!
I have just bought a Beam which I have set up with two play rear speakers. I had real problems adding the speaker and I now have to have the Beam permanently connected to the router by ethernet to ensure my other speakers work. It took a good couple of hours to get working. I now have lip sync issues on my Samsung tv and Sky Q box which I just can’ t resolve. I need an immediate solution as i have just bought it and will be returning if it doesn’t work. To be honest I am losing the will with Sonos products. My last speaker took two hours to get working.