Answered

Sonos Beam In a extremely large room!

• 8 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if I can use 3 Beams together? One as a center channel and the other 2 as surrounds? I need sound dispersed over a very large area. If yes can they all play full range when connected to a TV?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 8 June 2018, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Eddie, great question! One Beam acts as the center, left, and right channels, you can't pair multiple ones together. You can also bond a pair of Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5 speakers as rear surrounds and use a Sub as well for full 5.1 surround sound.

Depending on the size of your room, you may want to look into the Playbar or Playbase instead.
Hi Eddie, great question! One Beam acts as the center, left, and right channels, you can't pair multiple ones together. You can also bond a pair of Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5 speakers as rear surrounds and use a Sub as well for full 5.1 surround sound.

Depending on the size of your room, you may want to look into the Playbar or Playbase instead.

Ok so if I had one beam connected to my tv and 2 Sonos One's hooked up as surrounds ...can I have them all play at full range?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If they're hooked up as surrounds, they'll play the left and right rear surround channels for TV sourced audio off of the HDMI. If you're only getting stereo sound, they'll play an up-mixed surround audio. For music playback, you can set them to play full stereo from the front and rear at the same time.