Answered

sonos beam - DTS

• 20 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Does Sonos Beam now support DTS? Recently tried watching imax movie on Sony Bravia TV and whilst picture quality was excellent the audio output was pcm. The movie was flagged as DTS not DTS X or DTS HD

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 March 2022, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It’s quite likely the connected TV does not support the pass-through of the DTS codec through its ports and so the audio reverts back to PCM stereo

I’m using a Sony A80J. Apparently it does support DTS?

Yes indeed, I just checked and that is the case - so perhaps check the source Player and/or the App you are using and see what the audio-output settings are. If the issues persist, try powering off all devices (not standby) for a few minutes and see if that perhaps resolves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is your Beam still running S1? DTS is S2 only, and it also requires a TV that passes it through (and according to rtings it does).

Userlevel 7

Try this:

On the supplied remote, press the HOME button, select Settings gear icon Settings, and then change the following settings on your TV:

• Under TV category, select Sound.
    • Select Speakers Audio system.
    • Select Digital audio out > Auto 1 or Auto 2.
    • Select System sounds > Set to off.
  • Under System Preferences category, select Accessibility.
    • Select TalkBack Off.
    • Select Screen reader Off.
Badge +1

I love Sonos! really now with its dts support, finally with all or at least most of my blu-rays I now have the full 5.1 surround experience!