Sonos Beam Doesn't Work with Samsung TV

• 26 December 2021
  • 10 replies

There’s about a million other threads on this.  I’d love to know what the official solution is if there is one.  I haven’t seen anyone from Sonos owning up to the problem and giving out a solution (unless I’m missing it?).  The Beam will not play audio with a Samsung TV.  It will, but only briefly and when the TV goes to sleep and comes back on it doesn’t play through the Beam anymore.  This has been the most frustrating setup of any Sonos product I’ve ever had.  They are usually very simple and user-friendly, but I have spent all day on this and it seems like many others have as well.  Got this as a Christmas gift and feels like I just wasted $500.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Beam and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled on the TV. Then run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app. Connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Beam has been connected successfully, connect any other device to the TV.

Doesn’t work.  Did all of that.

Userlevel 7

Do you have any external media devices connected to the TV?

Be sure you have TV Autoplay enabled under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app.

Badge

Searched for a Samsung smart tv remote control app and found this one that has the exact layout of all the buttons on the original remote control, it's too easy to set up and it's free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why don’t you tell us which of the hundreds of Samsung TV models you have? Also make sure the TV is running the latest firmware. Sounds like it is forgetting the use-Arc-not-speaker setting.

The Beam sure works fine on my Samsung TV, thanks, though it does forget that setting if I unplug the Beam - maybe you have a loose connection?

Why don’t you tell us which of the hundreds of Samsung TV models you have? Also make sure the TV is running the latest firmware. Sounds like it is forgetting the use-Arc-not-speaker setting.

The Beam sure works fine on my Samsung TV, thanks, though it does forget that setting if I unplug the Beam - maybe you have a loose connection?

I’m having a similar problem.  I have a Samsung pn63c8000 and I turn on the Anynet+ and then the Sonos app tells me to set the ‘Speaker Select’ setting to TV speakers, but turning on Anynet+ locks all of the sound setting and has that setting locked in ‘External Speaker.’  No idea how to get past this.

I’m having a similar problem.  I have a Samsung pn63c8000 and I turn on the Anynet+ and then the Sonos app tells me to set the ‘Speaker Select’ setting to TV speakers, but turning on Anynet+ locks all of the sound setting and has that setting locked in ‘External Speaker.’  No idea how to get past this.

It might be worth posting a screenshot of that message you see in the Sonos App so the Staff here can see it. I’m not sure if it’s the correct wording for what should be happening, but just need to be sure what it’s telling you to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That is a ten year old TV (ancient by TV standards), so it is quite possible its HDMI-CEC implementation is a bit iffy. I would try using the optical output from the TV instead, that should get you Stereo at least (and DD 5.1 if very lucky) in the simplest way possible.

As others have said, you seem to have that app message wrong and seeing the corrected version may also help.

I have the same issue with beam 2 and Samsung tv. The volume button on TV remote does not work even with the optical connection  and the sonos app does not recognize the ARC connection with the TV. As such the beam cannot be used as a soundbar. Need help

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What Samsung TV? What connection are you currently using? If you're HDMI, is Anynet+ turned on in the TV?