Answered

Sonos Beam buttons unresponsive

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Is there any way to make the touch controls on the top of the beam work? Toggling the Touch Controls on/off doesn’t make a difference, I’m never able to play/pause or change the volume when playing music.

My voice control also isn’t working and the mic button won’t respond, but that may be something separate. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 December 2020, 17:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’d try rebooting the device, by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes, and then plug it back in. After that, I’d try toggling the option in the controller again. 

Never hurts to reboot a computer ;)

Good tip! Unfortunately it didn’t work, I left it unplugged for a while, held sync to reset it and set it up as new and the buttons never worked.

Interestingly the status light never appeared, even when I factory reset it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it light up, so I wonder if there’s just something wrong with the whole top panel on my beam.

Interesting. I wouldn’t do any more factory resets, though, in most cases they don’t really help, and just erase any stored diagnostic data that might help Sonos figure out what is going on.  

It may be worth submitting a system diagnostic, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. There might not be, too, I’m sure that not all parts of the device report data to the diagnostic. But it’s worth the phone call, either way. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Yikes, thank you very much for the info about the diagnostics getting erased. I’ll give support a call, and submitted my diagnostics with #1598605811 in case someone sees it here. Thank you again!