Question

Sonos Beam and Sonos One

• 22 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

First post and a new Sonos owner. 

I have a new Sonos Beam positioned above the television as per the image. 

And I have just purchased a further two Sonos One (2nd Gen) speakers. I would like to know how best to position these for the best experience. I am thinking of placing them either side of the sofa as per the pic, is this the best solution and would I benefit more if I had one above the sofa in the left hand corner, and have the other one in the further corner on the same side of the room?

I am a newbie so thought of reaching out to those who are well versed with the Sonos systems.

Thanks all

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rareair04.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I guess the first question here is are you trying to set up a home theater system or stereo system? 

Home theater setup - the two Sonos one are going to be a surround system where you can hear on the smaller speakers the sounds effects only.

Stereo pair - this requires grouping options where the two Sonos one will produce the same quality sounds like the Sonos beam.

For a better experience, setup the Sonos one’s as a home theater. So placing it inside the sofa might be the best option for you.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hey Mark, lovely, thank you for taking the trouble to assist, much appreciated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rareair04.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

No worries were here to help.

You may want to check this link also add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater

Cheers.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark, 

I am trying to set them up as a stereo pair but cannot see the Group icon next to the selected room. Can you assist further, sorry to be a pain!!!

You’ve got them set up as surround speakers already, as evidenced by the (+LS, +RS) after the room name. Click on that room name, and then click on Surround Audio, which is under the Sound heading. Then, under Music Playback, switch it from Ambient to Full, and they will act as normal stereo speakers when playing music, rather than the TV input.