Answered

sonos ARC with multiple displays

• 9 March 2021
  • 8 replies

I asked this question a while back and wanted to see if anyone has found a solution.  I have a sonos ARC and my media room is setup with 3 displays.  I would love to be able to use the ARC as the audio source for all displays.. all 3 displays have E-ARC is there an HDMI switch out there that i can use just to switch which display is feeding the Sonos ARC

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 March 2021, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m not certain if this would work, but I wonder if you could use the HDFury Arcana with the Arc and connect your three displays to it using a 3x1 HDMI splitter.

I’m not certain if this would work, but I wonder if you could use the HDFury Arcana with the Arc and connect your three displays to it using a 3x1 HDMI splitter.

that is what I was thinking, would love to know if anyone has tried it before I shell out the 200 bucks for the HD fury.  One other thought I had was...using my 4x4 matrix switch and use the 4th output as the audio source with the HDfury Arcana In Between the matrix and the sonos arc

To clarify, all 3 TVS could be playing different content at the same time?  Or would all 3 always be playing the same content?  How many different sources (xbox, cable box, streaming box, etc) do you need? Do all three TVs have the same video quality?

You probably could do it with a 4x4 matrix like this plus the Arcana @GuitarSuperstar  mentioned.  Connect your sources to the source connections obviously), and the outputs are your 3 TVs + an output the Arcana.  The Arcan would then convert the HDMI signal to HDMI-eARC for the Sonos Arc to consume.

To clarify, all 3 TVS could be playing different content at the same time?  Or would all 3 always be playing the same content?  How many different sources (xbox, cable box, streaming box, etc) do you need? Do all three TVs have the same video quality?

You probably could do it with a 4x4 matrix like this plus the Arcana @GuitarSuperstar  mentioned.  Connect your sources to the source connections obviously), and the outputs are your 3 TVs + an output the Arcana.  The Arcan would then convert the HDMI signal to HDMI-eARC for the Sonos Arc to consume.

how I usually use it is, the 3 TV’s show different content and one audio source.  for example I will have a  cable TV on display #1 Roku on display #2 and Xbox on display#3  and be able to swap the from any of those sources to be played through the ARC.    

You probably could do it with a 4x4 matrix like this plus the Arcana @GuitarSuperstar  mentioned.  Connect your sources to the source connections obviously), and the outputs are your 3 TVs + an output the Arcana.  The Arcan would then convert the HDMI signal to HDMI-eARC for the Sonos Arc to consume.

how I usually use it is, the 3 TV’s show different content and one audio source.  for example I will have a  cable TV on display #1 Roku on display #2 and Xbox on display#3  and be able to swap the from any of those sources to be played through the ARC.    

Ok, I think a 4x4 matrix + arcana would be a good option for you.

Yea that is what i was thinking… hoping someone else had tried it before purchasing.  long shot being such a unique setup.

Yea that is what i was thinking… hoping someone else had tried it before purchasing.  long shot being such a unique setup.

If it makes you feel a little better about it, I’m using a 4x2 matrix with one output going to  1x3splitter to feed 3 TVs and the other going to a Arcana and then the 4th TV.  I don’t see why your setup won’t work.

If it makes you feel a little better about it, I’m using a 4x2 matrix with one output going to  1x3splitter to feed 3 TVs and the other going to a Arcana and then the 4th TV.  I don’t see why your setup won’t work.

ok, Great that does make me feel a bit more confident to shell out the 200 from the Arcana.  Thank you for your input!