Answered

Sonos Arc with FireTV 4k and Epson 7100 projector problem

Badge

Hello all. Just got my Sonos Arc system. Connected to Epson TW-7100 4k Projector. Using the Feintech VMS14201 HDMI 2.1 Matrix Switch to connect Apple TV 4k and Fire TV 4k. But getting no sound with the HDMI-optical connector. Feintech def supports my projector model. Any help on solving this would much appreciated. Connected the system as in the diagram (attached). I would hate to have to return the system. 

icon

Best answer by anipalooza 8 January 2023, 01:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Badge

Thats cool. You should be able to tell if Atmos is working by playing an Atmos show/movie say on Netflix or another streaming service and check your Sonos app. If its atmos, it will show you Dolby Atmos on the app. 

Badge

Got the Feintech VAX04101 today. It’s doing a great job. Have got FireTV 4K, AppleTV 4K and PS4 attached to the three inputs. Works great. Esp for getting Dolby Atmos. I think this is the best solution. Should be said that TOSLINK/optical out options using an HDMI switch/splitters are not the best way forward for connecting SONOS with a projector (or TV) without eARC. 

BTW, just an update. I started having issues with Feintech VAX04101. When switching between AppleTV And FireTV, the 4k resolution would be lost. I’d have to shut down the projector, and unplug all sources and restart everything to get it working again. I returned the Feintech (again) and have the HD Fury Arcana working perfectly. It is a single source unit, but I don’t mind switching manually as long I get trouble-free video and audio. Has anyone else faced this issue with Feintech? Needless to say, my confidence in Feintech has dropped considerably after two middling experiences with their products. 

I use the Feintech VAX04101, albeit with an old LG TV, rather than a projector. It’s been absolutely fine. I use it with a Nvidia Shield, a Fire TV4K and an old Google Chromecast and not seen any issues. I have not tried the Arcana though, so can’t honestly compare.

The thing I will add is the VAX04101 is well built. I programmed its remote to work with a Harmony Hub so I simply use Alexa to switch its inputs (and the inputs on the TV too). So it all works without using a remote. Picture quality has been just fine, I get Atmos audio too and no lip-sync issues at all.

So I’m happy with their extractor. Mine did come with an EU power supply (I’m in the U.K.) however I had an old UK HDMI switch in ‘man drawer’ that had the same power input, so I swapped the power supplies over to save having to use an adapter. I have not (yet) tried doing any firmware upgrades, since purchase last year, so can’t comment on how easy that is to do, but I tend to leave things alone when they are working well anyway.