Question

Sonos:Arc volume goes down by itself

• 14 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Sonos arc volume goes down by itself randomly. it goes all the way down to zero.

I’m using sonos app to play tracks from my connected spotify account.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rmithunkumar1.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! I’d be glad to help. 

Is there a remote control programmed to the Arc that could be possibly sending the signal?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and ‘log’ details, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Badge

I have exactly the same problem. Been happening for one day. My ARC makes a popping noise every time it drops the volume by a notch. Happens when playing music from my NAS or when casting videos from YouTube to my TV. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MAV787.

Thanks for reaching out, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and ‘log’ details, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Badge

Hi, here’s the confirmation number 1625450438

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MAV787.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, there are no issues found on the system aside from some error codes on the log details wherein the server NAS drive is not responding so will reconnect.

We still need to check it thoroughly because the root cause is not yet identified, and it would be best to reach out to Sonos Supportso we can take a closer look at this in real-time.

I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having a Mac or Windows computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.