Answered

Sonos Arc / Samsung QN75Q90TAFXZA: Quality Review

• 5 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

[ Quality / Quality Assurance ]

Has Sonos taken the Arc and Samsung QN75Q90TAFXZA through their Quality Assurance Process?

Thanks!

... In Partnership and Service,

Raj Dhir 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 October 2020, 03:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I would assume not. Testing every single TV on the market would be a prohibitive challenge. I assume they’ve checked for HDMI-CEC compliance, and probably against a few (dozens) of TVs. With the number of TV manufacturers, along with the number of region specific TV sets, it would seem a large challenge to test every single TV set. 

Badge +3

Dear Bruce / @Airgetlam,

Thanks for your very professional response! You project a very professional persona!

Sonos Arc and Samsung QN75Q90TAFXZA are the best in class respectively.

What is your perspective on the many issues between these devices as documented within this forum and internet? Please share if possible.

Thanks.

... In Partnership and Service,

Raj Dhir 

Would you care to set out the issues that are concerning you?

Badge +3

Dear @John B,

Sound cutting out - visit:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-q80t-earc-issue/td-p/1807678/page/3

Google and search within this community - many problems reported.

Regards.

~ Raj

In most regards, my impressions have been that the TV manufacturers have not properly implemented their version of HDMI-CEC, and the TV is not conforming and sending the appropriate audio signal to the Sonos. At the end of the day, a device like the Sonos is relatively ‘dumb’ (with apologies to the Sonos engineers), all it is responsible for is reporting what type of device it is to the TV, which is the CEC hub/control device, and then play the audio it has been handed. 

If there were issues with Sonos itself, we would see similar reports from users of all brands / versions of TV sets. We’re not, which leads me to the conclusion that the current issues are not on the Sonos side. 
This is not always the case, though. In the past, Sonos did make an error in their software for the PLAYBAR, and within a day of release, there were thousands of posts from users of every TV manufacturer out there. It took a couple of weeks to track it down, but Sonos did. 

But I am not seeing that trend now, from outside. 

Badge +3

Dear Bruce / @Airgetlam,

Thanks for your very well written response - I deeply appreciate your perspective.

I will begin the procurement process for the Samsung QN75Q90TAFXZA and Sonos Arc. Once both devices are integrated, I will report my findings. 

Thanks again!

Regards.

~ Raj