Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Badge +3

@henry.2020 @Eliascorp @Badc5 @mdavid584 

Have any of you tried the eARC on the actual TV as opposed to the One Connect? That make a difference?

The TV doesn’t have any inputs, if I’m not mistaken.   They’re all on the one connect box. 

I don’t have mine yet, but I thought a support person at Samsung told me it has a direct one on the TV? Hmm

The Frame does not have any inputs /outputs on the Tv it uses the one connect box . 

I have confirmed that EArc is still unstable.

Installed the new updates to both Samsung Frame firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2 yesterday and so far 24 hours and eArc is working .  Prior I was lucky to make it more than a few hours .

Samsung Frame 75 + Sonos Arc 

Same here, Frame 55 2020 and Sonos Arc. Day 3 now and no issues 

Badge +3

Hi all,

A quick note from our dev team:

We are aware and monitoring an issue when connecting Sonos Arc to late model Samsung TVs via eARC. We are working closely with Samsung to resolve this and will share more as available.

All the best,

Ditte

@Ditte 

Can you provide an update on if this issue between Samsung Frame’s One Connect and Sonos Arc has been resolved? Is eARC working and Atmos working? What was the resolution/fix?

THANKS!

Badge +3

Installed the new updates to both Samsung Frame firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2 yesterday and so far 24 hours and eArc is working .  Prior I was lucky to make it more than a few hours .

Samsung Frame 75 + Sonos Arc 

Same here, Frame 55 2020 and Sonos Arc. Day 3 now and no issues 

@adam.hiron 

So eARC is working with Atmos for you?

EArc is still dropping audio , my initial test was using Netflix which worked for two days then switching back to cable it started dropping audio again and switching in and out of Atmos. 

HDMI seems more stable though 

If it can’t be fixed can we get a refund?

Badge +3

@Badc5 

I haven’t gotten my set up yet--so I can’t speak for this. But I read from a few people that Samsung update 1402.6 from 10/08/2020 fixed the issue? Have you done that? But maybe they didn’t test it out enough before claiming it fixed it?

I have updated to 1403 Samsung and 2.21 Sonos .  

I think what may be happening is that users who apply the fixes maybe testing with a Non Atmos audio stream  .  I did this at first,  I don’t know for sure though . 

Hi is there any update to this problem - has the issue been fixed. Mine is still not working? Thanks Rhys

Hi all,

A quick note from our dev team:

We are aware and monitoring an issue when connecting Sonos Arc to late model Samsung TVs via eARC. We are working closely with Samsung to resolve this and will share more as available.

All the best,

Ditte

@Ditte

Can you provide an update on if this issue between Samsung Frame’s One Connect and Sonos Arc has been resolved? Is eARC working and Atmos working? What was the resolution/fix?

THANKS!

Fixed yet?

Samsung Frame 65 2020 firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2.1 still dropouts.  This is a joke

Badge

Samsung Frame 65 2020 firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2.1 still dropouts.  This is a joke

Same here - if anything, it’s worse with the latest update.  I was planning to buy a second Frame TV for another room, but no way after dealing with all this.

Yes totally agree.  Everytime i turn on tv get dropouts.  I have turn atmos compatibility off then on or vice versa with erac turn off to not get drop out.  Once it works then i can turn on earc

Throwing my hat in… Do we have a resolution for this issue? I have a new (2020) Samsung 55” Frame TV and the new Sonos Arc. However, I can not get them to work together. On their specs sheets its seems like they should work very easily together but that is not the case. Can anyone help?

Badge

Throwing my hat in… Do we have a resolution for this issue? I have a new (2020) Samsung 55” Frame TV and the new Sonos Arc. However, I can not get them to work together. On their specs sheets its seems like they should work very easily together but that is not the case. Can anyone help?

If you can, I would return either the Samsung TV or the Sonos Arc.  They don’t work well together and neither company seems to be taking the lead in fixing the problems.  Sure, maybe they will eventually fix the problems, but it’s not worth the frustration!

Badge +3

If you can, I would return either the Samsung TV or the Sonos Arc.  They don’t work well together and neither company seems to be taking the lead in fixing the problems.  Sure, maybe they will eventually fix the problems, but it’s not worth the frustration!

I’d really like to hear from an official Sonos rep about this and to be assured that this isn’t a forgotten/ignored issue… I want to hear about action being taken.

Update from 75” Samsung Q8DT (Q80T):

So a couple of things I noticed. I recently got the new Xbox Series X and it seems to be performing much better than before. I also upgraded to the NOV 07,2020  |  ver 1403.1  |  1579.28 MB release on my TV. Again it’s not perfect and there will still be drops when playing atmos but it’s greatly improved. 

Badge +3

@Ninethirty 

I’m a newb about this stuff since mine hasn’t arrived, but is all the updating able to be done over wifi? Or do you need to use usb to update the Samsungs to 1403.1? Like when I unbox it and plug it in, will it automatically seek out latest updates or do I need to take action? Thanks!

You need to update via USB as these are not available yet over the year. The process is extremely easy. Below is a link for my tv. It includes the firmware to download and instructions on how to do so. All you need to do is get the firmware on your USB, plug it into the TV. Go to settings, support, software update. The TV will automatically recognize that the USB is plugged in.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR MY TV. YOU NEED TO FIND THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR TV***

- Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T
- Version : 1403.1
- Improved usability 1. Improved picture quality 2. Improved browser performance 3. Improved app performance 4. Improved stability 5. Improved usability of input devices

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/qled-tv-q80t-2020

Userlevel 1
Badge

I thought I had the sound issue sorted although not sure I was receiving Dolby Atmos as well. I was just pleased that the Sonos Ark was working with my Samsung TV and Sky. Went fine for a few days but since Sunday evening the sound goes on and off every few seconds. I initially just unplugged the hdmi lead from the Samsung connector box e-arc which restored good sound but last night (Tuesday) I had to electrically unplug the Ark and plug back in before it resolved the sound issue. 

Badge

I thought I had the sound issue sorted although not sure I was receiving Dolby Atmos as well. I was just pleased that the Sonos Ark was working with my Samsung TV and Sky. Went fine for a few days but since Sunday evening the sound goes on and off every few seconds. I initially just unplugged the hdmi lead from the Samsung connector box e-arc which restored good sound but last night (Tuesday) I had to electrically unplug the Ark and plug back in before it resolved the sound issue. 

Totally unacceptable for a supposedly high-end TV and sound bar setup.  Each morning when I turn on the TV, the sound cuts in and out incessantly, until you go into the Expert Sound Settings menu and toggle eArc and Atmos Capability on and off a few times.  My advice is to avoid the Sonos Arc and Samsung Frame TVs at all cost.  Now I need to figure out how to return them or file a warranty claim to receive a refund.

Badge +3

Question: Can this issue be solved with an Xbox, Play Station, or receiver? Like the Sonos is actually connected to a third-party device (with eARC) and the Samsung Frame (or other model with issues) is connected to that third-party device--so Sonos and Samsung are never directly interfacing/handshaking? Anyone done this? Or is this nonsensical? I don’t know a lot about AV stuff, so this might be an impossibility.

Badge

Question: Can this issue be solved with an Xbox, Play Station, or receiver? Like the Sonos is actually connected to a third-party device (with eARC) and the Samsung Frame (or other model with issues) is connected to that third-party device--so Sonos and Samsung are never directly interfacing/handshaking? Anyone done this? Or is this nonsensical? I don’t know a lot about AV stuff, so this might be an impossibility.

That might work, but you’d be stuck switching around HDMI cables manually when you switch between cable and Xbox, etc.  Also that wouldn’t let you use the built-in apps on the Samsung TV which require sound output. 

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

Badge +3

That might work, but you’d be stuck switching around HDMI cables manually when you switch between cable and Xbox, etc.  Also that wouldn’t let you use the built-in apps on the Samsung TV which require sound output. 

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

Even better--possibly--wouldn’t using an HDFury Arcana maybe solve this problem? I’m not tech savvy enough to actually understand the device much, but wondering if it would be an intermediary and both would recognize eARC?