Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

I just spoke with Sonos today and they continue to say that it's a Samsung problem which I believe however it's hard for us to voice our concerns and issues with Samsung support. I would really hope that Sonos could help drive the issue from their side. I'm sick of getting on basic troubleshooting calls asking me if I've restarted my system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Samsung have some eARC fixes in the pipeline, they know they have issues. Software is hard, and software+hardware is harder still.

I don't disagree with you but I wish Samsung would be more transparent. I wish there was a way to follow this issue and understand when a fix will be released. They released a new software update at the beginning of October and said it would help alleviate the problems yet it's only made it worse for some.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Transparency with software development is hard. For most of the public, the states of an issue are:

• None
  • We have a problem
  • We are working on a problem
  • Here is the fix to the problem

(For developers there are more states of course and more transparency is possible).

Different companies have different ways of handling these (and it varies by product as well). The eARC issue is at state “we are working on a problem” right now, and the only possible update to that state is “here is the fix”. Giving timelines is mostly impossible, as non-trivial bug fixes are really hard to schedule (harder than most features IMHO). When you have millions of customers, whose expensive devices you could brick if you get it wrong, a lot of testing and verification is required even after you think you have a fix to make sure not only that it works, but that it doesn’t break the other 3,500 features of your product.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Perhaps it would concentrate the minds of both Sonos and Samsung if customers started demanded their money back!

I’m throwing my hat in the ring here too. 

Samsung q90t and Sonos arc that I set up yesterday. Had no issues with it all day yesterday, turned it on this morning and had the sound drop out every few seconds while the tv was switching between ARC and EARC.

Unplugging the power and hdmi and plugging it back in has fixed it for the day so far. 

If this bug doesn’t get fixed inside my return window its going back..

Is this issue solved, i sat that firmware for the Frame has solved it? I am about to but a Frame and sonos arc…. but holding off

This isn’t solved for me on my Q8DT (Q80T). If you really want the frame, I would not recommend pairing it with the Sonos ARC if you want ATMOS. If you want the Sonos ARC then I wouldn’t get a Samsung. 

Samsung support is clueless. Sonos support has been good and they acknowledge that it is a Samsung issue. Samsung doesn’t acknowledge the issue at all from the support folks I talked to. 

This isn’t solved for me on my Q8DT (Q80T). If you really want the frame, I would not recommend pairing it with the Sonos ARC if you want ATMOS. If you want the Sonos ARC then I wouldn’t get a Samsung. 

Samsung support is clueless. Sonos support has been good and they acknowledge that it is a Samsung issue. Samsung doesn’t acknowledge the issue at all from the support folks I talked to. 

Does it not work without Arnos functionality ? Ie just like a normal bar ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have downloaded the latest Samsung update on my TV and disconnected the optical cable from the Arc to the TV. I then inserted the hdmi cable from the Arc to the Samsung TV e-arc and sound including Atmos now works without lipsync problems with the Sky Q and for Netflix etc. Hooray!

I have downloaded the latest Samsung update on my TV and disconnected the optical cable from the Arc to the TV. I then inserted the hdmi cable from the Arc to the Samsung TV e-arc and sound including Atmos now works without lipsync problems with the Sky Q and for Netflix etc. Hooray!

Mines been working with Sky Q and Netflix in eARC for the last week without a single blip. I was hesitant to type this in fear of jinxing it, but I’ve had a great experience for awhile now. 

Well. 

Samsung has sent out a repair, to replace the Connect One box, the repairman replaced it. And nothing. Sound cuts off from the Arc still. Its off more than on. For me, its got to be a software issue with Samsung. Because when I go into the the Sound input the Samsung Switches off, between Receiver HDMI and Receiver (HDMI-eArc) then the sound comes on when the system system goes back to “HDMI-eArc. The sound is ONLY a problem when attached to the Samsung One Connect. When streaming music through the Arc there is Zero problems.

As for Samsung, this has been an ongoing issue since day one. Samsung pushed and pushed me to “repair” this issue now Im 4 days PAST MY return date. And now im stuck with this TV. Samsung did elevate this issue with their RRRR division, they were supposed to call me today but didnt. Honestly this is my last Samsung product. 

Very frustrating. 

Hi Marlina,

I’m experiencing the same problems as most people here. Broken sound after the update, temporarily fix with power off/on. I did quite some research and found you seem to be the only one so far with a solution. I talked to several Samsung (and Sonos) helpdesk employees. At Samsung I found someone willing to help me, he also read this forum and your solution, but he told me it is impossible for him and even forbidden to change the Sub-micom-version. He asked with his superiors and they told him impossible. He is dying to get your contact at the RRRR-devision because this is possibly the solution for all of us. Could I ask to to share his contact details (if necessary in a PM), so I can start working on a solution for everyone here.

Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Summary

a week old Sonos Arc + Sub

New hdmi cable → from Arc to Samsung Q80R

Sound Output: Samsung Settings

TV Speaker
Receiver (HDMI) 
Optical
Bluetooth 

So … selected #2

EXCEPT NO SOUND until I select TV Speaker

And if I select TV Speaker, it immediately changed to Receiver with no sound. 

For now, the only thing I could do was return to original cable. With it, I can get constant sound from TV Speakers

I don’t care whose fault it is. Sonos & Sumsung knock heads and SOLVE IT. 

Sonos blames Samsung and they blame you. 

A brand new $2000 system useless

I don’t give a damn who is guilty. 

FIX THE PROBLEM

NOW!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-q80t-earc-issue/td-p/1807678/page/8

Here’s another link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-samsung-frame-tv-earc-not-working-6842523?sort=dateline.desc

Same issue just started yesterday after no problems for the first couple of months use. Sonos blaming internet bandwidth issues and offering zero support. Totally unacceptable and now I am stuck with it. This will be the last sonos speaker I buy. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I finally changed back to my HDMI 1.4a cable. Made certain the connections were physically tight on both ends

Now it works

1403 just came out. Updating now. Fingers crossed. 

*Update* - it doesn’t work. 

As of yesterday eARC is working with Atmos on my 2020 75" Frame TV.  Still not working on my 2020 65" frame

See pic, eARC on and yes I can hear the sound.

tv.  

Badge +3

As of yesterday eARC is working with Atmos on my 2020 75" Frame TV.  Still not working on my 2020 65" frame

tv.  

Let me know if your 2020 65” ends up working or if you update it and see if it works. I’ve ordered a Sonos Arc and was looking to get the 2020 Frame to use with it--but now I’m a little concerned that the eARC won’t work with the Sonos. I’ve read so many people blaming Sonos or Samsung--so I don’t even understand whose issue it is.

tv.  

Did you perform any updates?    I have a 2020 75” Frame, my arc was delivered yesterday, and I’ll be setting everything up this weekend- any tips that got your working would be very helpful!

Badge +3

@mdavid584 How’d the set up go? Did it work? If so, was was your process you did?

Installed the new updates to both Samsung Frame firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2 yesterday and so far 24 hours and eArc is working .  Prior I was lucky to make it more than a few hours .

Samsung Frame 75 + Sonos Arc 

Updated 1403 and 12.2 on Samsung Frame 75. Uncompressed Atmos still does not work without the sound dropping in and out. Seemed to work slightly better for non Atmos sound. 

@Badc5   - is it working for you while showing Atmos icon the sonos app?

I will verify today, I did not verify the atmos sound. 

Badge +3

@henry.2020 @Eliascorp @Badc5 @mdavid584 

Have any of you tried the eARC on the actual TV as opposed to the One Connect? That make a difference?

@henry.2020 @Eliascorp @Badc5 @mdavid584 

Have any of you tried the eARC on the actual TV as opposed to the One Connect? That make a difference?

The TV doesn’t have any inputs, if I’m not mistaken.   They’re all on the one connect box.