Every time I turn on my TV, the Sonos Arc doesn’t switch to the TV input (it is set to do so automatically). When I try to do this manually in the Sonos S2 app, the following error message shows:
We’ve detected an issue with your HDMI connection. We’ll help you fix it.
Cancel | Fit it
When I click “Fix it”, the TV connection wizard starts with the following steps:
- Please run on your TV è It is on already so I click “My TV is on”
- Connecting with HDMI-ARC è Continue
- Look for the ARC port on your TV è I found the ARC port
- Connect your Arc to ARC è I’m connected to ARC
- Connecting… è We are not getting a signal
- Try again starts over with step 4 resulting in step 5
- Try again, but now I set my TV’s output to HDMI2 (i.e. my HDMI-ARC port). I see the Sonos groovy 50’s lines and when I now click “I’m connected to ARC” the message shows “TV setup complete”
- Click done
- Set my TV to any source to play some content and the Arc plays music (and the Sonos App shows it’s connected)
But as soon as I turn off my TV and turn it on again, I need to do the same setup process over and over. The fun thing is that it worked flawlessly with my Playbar and Sonos Beam which I had previously with the same TV and rest of the setup.
My TV is a LG OLED 55B6V
Please advise, because this is getting really annoying.
- 942656442 – TV on, no sound from Sonos Arc, Arc still set to music
- 1693472006 – TV on, sound is now working.