Sonos Arc - first impressions - different sound from S2 and TV

• 10 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I want to ask you, yesterday connected Sonos ARC to my Philips Oled, very easily achieved Dolby Atmos from TV to Soundbar. At this moment ARC is standalone (without Surround and sub). 

And What i noticed: 

Movie - very good quality - everything is fine - bass more then enough for my needs, surrounds effects quite well. (it this situation i plan to add only Sonos One as a surround speakers without sub)  

Youtube music from TV - the same as above - bass is very good for me and sound quality more then good. 

At evening sound volume - ~25% is enough. 

Music from S2 app with TV off - very disappointing -- no bass - flat sound, I’m not sure is it better then my Sonos One sound . I need to increase volume to 50% to fill the room (from youtube i need only 25%)

I little better when playing form local media then from Spotify but still have some doubts. 

So Hardware is ok - plays very good but why i notice this loss of bass and quality using Spotify or playing from S2 - and why i need to increases volume do high. 

Do you have similar problems?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Mandrake, have you gone in to your settings/system/products, pick the ‘room’ or ‘zone’ which has your arc in it.  Scroll down under the arc to sound.  Go to the equalizer setting and make sure your loudness is turned on, also adjust your bass and treble here.  If you don’t listen to high volume levels you can turn those settings quite high.

Userlevel 7

@Mandrax Along with adjusting the EQ on the Arc, make sure you perform Trueplay tuning. If you don’t have an iOS device, borrow one from a friend or family member. It only needs to be done once.

I would also try another music streaming service other than Spotify. Spotify is known to have pretty mediocre audio quality.