Sonos Arc & DTS via PCM on Panasonic UB9000....

Show first post

87 replies

Userlevel 7

What cables are you currently using?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

What cables are you currently using?

I am currently using these…. Current cables

I have also used these…. Old cables

Userlevel 7

I honestly don’t know enough about HDMI cables and why some are recommended and others aren’t. But I do know that HDFury is very particular with their cable recommendations. They always recommend Cable Matters, KabelDirekt or Zeskit cables. I’m using KabelDirekt cables and they work great.

I would go ahead and get the cables they recommend and test them out. If they work, problem solved. If they don’t, you can always return them and ask HDFury what the next step is.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I honestly don’t know enough about HDMI cables and why some are recommended and others aren’t. But I do know that HDFury is very particular with their cable recommendations. They always recommend Cable Matters, KabelDirekt or Zeskit cables. I’m using KabelDirekt cables and they work great.

I would go ahead and get the cables they recommend and test them out. If they work, problem solved. If they don’t, you can always return them and ask HDFury what the next step is.

Thanks for your input….

I have asked them this very same question….

Its quite baffling that a cheaper cable will work better than a more expensive version?

I’m just concerned that I won’t get the full audio/visual experience I should be getting?

Userlevel 7

Don’t worry about the lower cost. A more expensive cable doesn’t always mean you are getting better quality. My cables aren’t very expensive but they work great. The audio playing from my Arc sounds incredible. And just the other day, someone was very surprised that my TV was not 4K because the picture quality looked so good.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Don’t worry about the lower cost. A more expensive cable doesn’t always mean you are getting better quality. My cables aren’t very expensive but they work great. The audio playing from my Arc sounds incredible. And just the other day, someone was very surprised that my TV was not 4K because the picture quality looked so good.

Have you ever experienced a sound drop/pop?

Just a side note, I have these also, Angled adaptor which I have always used, as my TV is at an awkward angle. Surely they will be fine to use with the Arcana?

Userlevel 7

The only issue I experience is it takes a little while for the audio to kick in on my Apple TV 4K.

Those angled adapters could be causing the problem. Can you test it without the adapters connected?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The only issue I experience is it takes a little while for the audio to kick in on my Apple TV 4K.

Those angles adapters could be causing the problem. Can you test it without the adapters connected?

I have had the issue with sound kicking in & I can live with that….

I will take out the adaptors when I get home & send the info to HD Fury….

Thanks & sorry for being a pest….:thumbsup:

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I tried the cables without the adaptors & I was still getting the sound drops, so I changed the cables again to the Cable Matters variants that HD Fury recommended, but still I get the odd sound drop, which as you can imagine is very frustrating….

HD Fury have been really helpful, but I think even they are lost for what to try next.

They could only advise me to get an HDMI switch & plug in the Sky Q UHD box into that, so that everything is working/synced with the Arcana….

I have tried to find the Roofull switcher you recommended, but I can’t locate any stock in the UK?

Do you know of any other switches which work well with the Arcana & for my setup needs?

Cheers.

Userlevel 7

I think either one of these might work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakelion-Premium-Quality-Switcher-Support-Black/dp/B06WV5YJ6H/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Switch-4K-60hz-Projector/dp/B07VDJRQXW/

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for the links….

Do you find switchers good quality or buggy?

Userlevel 7

The ROOFULL switch I have works great 98% of the time. I have it programmed to switch inputs using my Harmony remote/hub. Every now and then, I have to reboot the switch or manually switch inputs using the ROOFULL’s remote. But overall, I am pleased with how it works connected to my Roku Ultra, Apple TV 4K, and Panasonic UHD player.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The ROOFULL switch I have works great 98% of the time. I have it programmed to switch inputs using my Harmony remote/hub. Every now and then, I have to reboot the switch or manually switch inputs using the ROOFULL’s remote. But overall, I am pleased with how it works connected to my Roku Ultra, Apple TV 4K, and Panasonic UHD player.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I will have to get one imported from the US, as there are none available in the UK….

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I purchase the Roofull switch from Amazon & it arrived today, but I can’t get it to work at all.

I have followed the setup shown on the HD Fury website, yet nothing will turn on the TV?

I have the HDMI in from the Arcana plugged into the Roofull HDMI out.

Then Sky Q into HDMI IN 1 & the Panasonic UHD plugged into HDMI IN 2 both on the Roofull switch.

Nothing will turn on?

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Does the ROOFULL seem to be getting power? How are you powering it? Have you switched the ROOFULL to the correct input using the remote?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Does the ROOFULL seem to be getting power? How are you powering it? Have you switched the ROOFULL to the correct input using the remote?

The Roofull is getting power, as I can switch between inputs with the remote & by pressing the button.

I have purchased a UK plug adaptor with the same spec as the US plug.

I have also swapped the HDMI cables into the different inputs & still no signal from Sky or the UHD player??

Everything is on, but nothing is switching correctly. I can hear sound coming through the Arc, when the Sky is switched on, but no picture, just whatever channel the terrestrial TV is showing?

Userlevel 7

Is the TV set to the correct HDMI input?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is the TV set to the correct HDMI input?

The HDMI input on the TV is set to HDMI 3 (eARC) which is where the HDMI out from the Arcana is plugged in?

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging everything from power for a couple of minutes and test again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have the Sonos Arc connected to the Arcana eARC out & the HDMI out connected to the HDMI 3 eARC on the TV. 

Is this correct?

Userlevel 7

I have the Sonos Arc connected to the Arcana eARC out & the HDMI out connected to the HDMI 3 eARC on the TV. 

Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. Try unplugging everything from power for a couple of minutes and test again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. Try unplugging everything from power for a couple of minutes and test again.

Tried this but still nothing?

Disconnected the Arcana & plugged the Sky Q into the switch, then the out switch into the HDMI 1 ok the Sky TV & sound & picture came through fine.

So it seems the Roofull is working….🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Having messed around with the switch, it seems as though the issue was the ‘auto switch’ function. 

I turned that off & I was able to get the switch to work, by using the supplied remote….👍

The only issue now, is there is a quite large sound drop while watching BBC 1.

I’ve checked all the cables & all seems well.

Is this normal when first setting it up, or is there a setting to be changed on the Arcana?

Userlevel 7

Are you getting the correct audio from the Sky Q? Does this only happen with BBC 1? It may just be the specific program you are watching. Night Sound mode on the Arc or a dynamic range setting on the Sky Q might fix the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Are you getting the correct audio from the Sky Q? Does this only happen with BBC 1? It may just be the specific program you are watching. Night Sound mode on the Arc or a dynamic range setting on the Sky Q might fix the issue.

The correct audio is coming via Sky Q, I’ve checked Atmos films & it works, although the Sonos app just had a wobbly, so I have reset it.

The sound drop seems to happen when I enter the Sky menu (home button) & then exit it, almost as if it’s lost connection?