Answered

Sonos Arc continually stops working with Sony TV XBR-65X900F

• 6 June 2022
  • 6 replies

I’ve had a Sonos Arc ARCG1US1BLK back in Dec 2020, and have a Sony Bravia 65” XBR-65X900F connected through an ARC HDMI cable. It works about 90% of the time but periodically the Sonos Arc will stop playing audio. Things I typically try to get it working again:

• Restart TV
  • Disconnect/reconnect HDMI cable
  • Restart Sonos Arc
  • Switch from HDMI to TV source and back
  • Switch between TV speakers and external speakers

Usually only restarting the TV fixes it most of the time, but sometimes i just have to restart everything and reconnect everything. The past few weeks though it’s been happening very frequently. I’ve noticed it most when we’re streaming something and pause it. When we try to unpause the audio doesn’t return.

What the heck is going on with this thing, is this a known bug that Sonos is going to patch? Can they maybe just add a button to “Fix/Reset” everything automatically. Not having a power button on the device implies there is no need to reset it. Except this thing has been frustratingly unstable lately. Please let me know how to fix this.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2022, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi - Is your Sony XBR-65X900F using the latest software available for that model (v6.7165 5/24/2021)?  https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/product/xbr-65x900f/downloads

My Sony A8H had dropouts until I installed a software update made available for my model in June 2021.

Badge

I too had the 900F . Just my opinion but it’s not the fault of Sonos . 

Thanks for mentioning the firmware on the TV. I checked and PKG6.7165.0360NAA is the version installed which appears to be the latest version. I checked my Sonos Arc and it’s running version 14.8 (build 68329170) and hardware version 1.27.1.8-1.2. Neither the TV or Sonos have any available updates. So not sure that’s the issue unless a recent Sonos update made it worse? Not sure when the most recent version was released.

Userlevel 7

@codenamejohn Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to connect the Arc to the TV? Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to connect the Arc to the TV?  - Yes

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV? - Yes, a Nintendo Switch

Userlevel 7

Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to connect the Arc to the TV?  - Yes

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV? - Yes, a Nintendo Switch

Try disabling the Match TV Power State option on the Switch and see if it makes a difference.