Answered

Sonos ARC connection failure with Samsung TV after restarting

• 29 May 2021
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Prior to submission I had been watching TV all evening with perfect sound via Sonos. Please don't route me back to the tele call center as I already had troubleshootEd 10+ times and Spent 15+ hors including both Sonos and Samsung call centers, yet Not resolved and Sonos wouldn't take Responsibility to fix the Persistent issue which has been open since n year.

I then turned ONLY the TV off, after an idle time of about 2 hours, turned ON the TV to watch, Upon turning It, the ARC had lost its HDMI connection with the TV, no audio signal detected (even though nothing had changed in my system since a perfect connection, other than toggling the TV power off/on) . This is the persistent behaviour I am experiencing.

Working Diagnostic 1618812137 - Not working Diagnostic 121305903

My system status at point of submission was:

• Samsung TV: ON, with volume unmuted at medium level

• Samsung model number: UN50JS7000

• Sonos connection used: HDMI ARC

• HDMI connections: Chromecast, FireTV stick, Laptop, Sonos ARC 

Sonos system: ARC plus 2 x One (Gen 2), all ON, connected to TV via its HDMI-ARC output

Sonos App: Apple iOS: Running

Let me  Know What Additional Information  You Would Need To Get This Rectified.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 May 2021, 05:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You might be experiencing some CEC problems  with your other connected devices.

Try disconnecting the Arc and all other devices from your TV. Then unplug the Arc and TV from power for about a minute. Plug the Arc and TV back in but do not reconnect any devices. Be sure Anynet+ is enabled on your TV and run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app. Connect the Arc to the TV when the app instructs you to. Once the TV Setup process is complete and the Arc is playing audio from the TV, connect the other devices to your TV.

Thanks Rashi for your response. I did 3 attempts in the exact order as you described and still have the same situation of disconnection issue. I tried with the optical cable too, that failed too. Are there any other trails that I can do?

Userlevel 7

If you go through the process above and leave your other devices disconnected from your TV, do you still experience the problem?

Hi we were having the same problem with the arc disconnecting from our Samsung tv since we brought the arc couple of months ago. Chrome cast was definitely the issue for us. We just resolved the problem yesterday after taking to our electrician who suggested plugging the chrome cast  directly into the tv by its USB so it’s powered by the tv not the power plug. It worked and so happy we do not have to keep unplugging the tv to reset the arc now.

@Rashi, The sonos ARC works well when u turn off both TV and ARC and turn on. I noticed this problem only occurs when they both are in inactive time(plugged in the wall but not watching or just the Tv switched off. 

Thanks @Mrschoco 

your tip worked for me too. Chromecast is the trouble maker, when in idle situation and when the tv is turned on for some reason with the chromecast it failed. Without chromecast it works perfectly now. Another note, I still have the FireTV stick plugged in and works without any issues 😊 
may be some settings need to be turned off in the chromecast to make it work, but now I’m afraid to disturb the current working settings and try out and fail the current setup.