Sonos ARC Atmos settings

• 29 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Finally got Sonos ARC yesterday and installed it. Connected it to Sony x900h and apps thru Apple TV 4k connected to the TV and eARC is working fine as i can hear sound all good there.
I am trying to see Atmos being played and while googling it says i should be able to see Atmos in the App when the content is playing.
I choose the latest movie Mulan (Atmos is available for that movie) for test from Disney + app playing from Apple TV and don't see the Atmos, not sure if i am doing some thing wrong in setup in the Sony TV or Sonos ARC? Any recommendation here?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Is your Apple TV set to Dolby Atmos and is Immersive Audio turned on? What are your TV’s audio settings set to?

Yes Apple TV is set  to Atmos On. 

Sony TV i was playing with the Audio setting and Passthrough mode i changed it from Auto to Off and then i could see the Atmos in the APP now, not sure what is teh right setting for this one?

Userlevel 7

Passthrough set to auto is usually the right setting, but if turning it off gives you Dolby Atmos audio from the Apple TV, then keep it off.

Actually i switched if back in Auto and i am still getting Atmos now, guess had to just toggle it once for the sync between the TV and the Sonos, will keep a a with on that setting. 

Any other setting in Sonos that i should be calibrating? 

Thanks for the help 

Userlevel 7

Other than setting the EQ of the Arc to your personal preference, you should be good to go.

Thanks for the response, any recommended EQ setting in for subs and surrounds? 

Userlevel 7

It all depends on your personal preference, room size, or what you are listening to/watching.

I have the Arc/Sub/Play:1s setup.

For everyday TV viewing, I set bass to 0 and treble to -2.

For listening to music and watching movies, I adjust the bass to +5 and +6 and treble to +3 and +4.

I always keep Loudness set to ON.

I keep my surrounds set to ambient for music.

Surround levels are set to -2 for TV and 0 for music.

Sub level is set to 0.

These settings sound good to my ears in my living room, but your ears might feel differently in your room.

Thanks for sharing your setup configuration , will give it a try today.