Question

Sonos Arc

• 11 August 2020
  • 9 replies

I have Sonos Arc synced with a sub and two SLs. Some movies such as John Wick seem way too loud with low dialogue. This could be the movie just wanted to know if there was any tricks to solving this issue. I have an Apple TV and also fire cube. The Speech Enhancement is on and true play has been done as well.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @brick2002, welcome to the community.

Thank you for reaching out and I’ll be assisting you.

I would like to take a closer look at your Sonos system, please take a diagnostic from the Sonos app and post the confirmation.

Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

I would like you to test the setup by playing music and compare the dialogue from the movies and the lyrics of the song.

Is the instrument more pronounced than the singer?

Update us with your findings and confirmation number.

Userlevel 7

Hi @brick2002 

In AppleTV audio menu turn on “Lower Loud Noises”.

@AjTrek1 I’ve done this before with the Sonos Beam, it works but takes away from the movie, defeating the purpose of a surround sound setup. But I get it, I’ll just use Reduce Loud Noises when a movie like John Wick is playing. Thanks!

Just return the samsung Q950T and buy Arc package last week.
Huge difference!
Arc is very nice and accurate sound for Movie and Music.

Highly recommend to see the below video before you do the setup by Trueplay and S2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu8TLAco2tI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssJ2XnsSJ-I&t=36s

I believe you did not do the best setup for Arc package on Tureplay and S2 .

Pls try the link’s method for Trueplay and Sonos APP setup.

I also use Apple TV, all perfer after it. FYI

@Kyle A  2019710368

Music is fine vocals are good 

Badge

Unless something has changed, YouTube doesn’t support 5.1 so I’m afraid those YouTube links will be no help. You might get a pseudo 5.1 ‘feel’ but it won’t be true 5.1. If you’re using an Apple TV, buy the Surround Speaker Check App on the App Store to test for true surround functionality. It’s worth every penny to know you’re getting 5.1 signals through your TV and out of your Sonos system. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @brick2002, thank you for the update and sorry for the late response.

I checked the diagnostic, the Arc is receiving Dolby Digital 5.1, Trueplay is active, and enhanced speech is on.

Music is working fine with vocals, there are not many settings left to tinker other than manual changing the EQ settings treble or the TV settings as @AjTrek1 mentioned.

Here’s an article on EQ settings. Adjust the bass, treble, balance, and loudness.

I would recommend watching this very informative video from Peter Pee

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

@Kyle A thank you. Yes I’ve watched his video very good info. I retuned true play and now there are no issues. When doing the walk with the iPhone I made sure I wasn’t too close to the ARC I read in another article that this helps make the ARC not reduce the vocals. Everything seems very well balanced now. Thanks again

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @brick2002, you’re welcome, if you need further assistance or you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

The community is here to help.