Answered

Setup sonos + B&O speakers for TV and Music

• 18 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

thanks for reading the post.

I need your help and opinion for our new setup. I am setting up the TV (LG G1 55) and an audio system. I would like to mount a sonos system and add two B&O beolab 8000 speakers. I would like to use all sonos + B&O speakers both for watching TV and listening to music.

An initial idea of the setup that I think could work is as follows:

Assumptions:
- The sonos elements on the TV side will be connected via RJ45 network cable, the rear ones via WLAN.

There are points that are not clear to me:

1. In TV mode, can I have problems with sound delay?
  2. The sonos Port will automatically turn on the beolab 8000? or will I need to turn them on with a remote control?
  3. Will the sonos Port automatically regulate the volume of the beolab 8000?
  4. Wich cables I would need?
  5. There are specific Almando preamplifiers for B&O that are usually connected to the Sonos Port, do you recommend to use one? or you don't see it necessary?

Do you think the setup is correct? do you see points of improvement? or do you have suggestions? :)

Thanks for your time and help!

Regards
Albert

icon

Best answer by John B 18 April 2022, 19:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sorry, but I would advise abandoning this plan. The Port is just not designed or intended for TV applications (stereo only, audio lag to allow multiroom sync).

Either go all Sonos or all B&O. Don't mix the two.

The TV audio out to the beolab ‘grouped’ speakers via the Port will have a delay due to ‘grouped room’ buffering that Sonos requires  - so you will likely encounter an ‘echo’ in the room when watching/listening to TV audio, but music audio playback will play in sync.

I love the connectivity from Sonos but B&O sound its really really nice, really powerfull, the beolabs 5 are crazy, if I have to go just for one I would install 2x Beolab 5 + 2x Beolab 6000, almando Multiplay Surround Decoder III and a Sonos Port for Music, streaming services, multiroom.