Answered

Setting up theater with AMP, Surrounds and 3rd party Sub

• 29 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I’ve configured my AMP in a home theater setup with B&W mains, the virtual center (of course), a Gallo Sub hardwired to the AMP, and dual Play 1 surrounds. Now I’m wondering what’s the best way to calibrate this mashup? Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by James L. 30 November 2021, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Salire,

By calibrate, I assume you’re referring to getting the best sound out of the setup as possible. 

Quite honestly, the only way you’re going to do this is by watching some content that makes use of all of the speakers and adjusting the positioning of each unit to get the sound that sounds best for you. 

I’m sure you’re aware of how to achieve the phantom centre channel, but if not, you’ll want to imagine 3 points of a triangle, being the left speaker, right speaker, and your primary listening position. Ideally, this triangle will be an equilateral triangle, with all of the points of the triangle being 45 60 degrees, and each side being equidistant. 

Your surrounds should be around ear level as well, equally spaced from the centre point (your ears).

There are some adjustments you can make in the S2 app to increase or decrease the volume of the surrounds depending on how far away they are from the listening position, as well as independent volume controls for music and TV. 

Ideally, this triangle will be an equilateral triangle, with all of the points of the triangle being 45 degrees, and each side being equidistant.

Tsk tsk. 60 degrees. :wink:

Badge +17

Ideally, this triangle will be an equilateral triangle, with all of the points of the triangle being 45 degrees, and each side being equidistant.

Tsk tsk. 60 degrees. :wink:

Well, that’s embarrassing :sweat_smile:  Yes, 60 degrees… clearly the coffee is taking some time to kick in

Alternative facts? :grin:

Badge +17

Alternative facts? :grin:

Alternative maths :wink: