Answered

Sanus speaker stands

• 8 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Anyone using the Sanus speaker stands? Any difference to sound quality for Play1 or Play 3?
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/sanus-wireless-speaker-stand-for-sonos-one-play-1-play-3-black.html?CAWELAID=720013240000437675&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAwojkBRBbEiwAeRcJZKAe8RdgKeY0oa66Vc0T76Yh1Yuphna5noN6bbl0nnUJIjnn-vgBMxoCcd8QAvD_BwE
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 March 2019, 03:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I use a couple for the rears (Play:3s), they work fine. I have no way of measuring sound quality.
I'm not sure what affect different stands would have on sound quality. Other than getting the speaker up off the floor, I'd assume one stand would have an equivalent sound to any other stand. And frankly, if there was any difference, a simple TruePlay tuning would take care of it, I'd think.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I'm not sure what affect different stands would have on sound quality. Other than getting the speaker up off the floor, I'd assume one stand would have an equivalent sound to any other stand. And frankly, if there was any difference, a simple TruePlay tuning would take care of it, I'd think.
Yeah thought the same, saw this on the product description but it is just marketing gimmick I think
"The Sanus Pair of Speaker Stand lets you set up your speakers at an angle most suited for clear audio dispersion and optimum bass response."
Laugh. Yep, I'd agree, pure marketing speak.

Well, mostly. There would be a difference from them sitting on the floor, and up in the air. But it wouldn't (shouldn't) be any different than any other stand of the same height.

But I suppose it's possible that a poorly designed stand would allow a certain amount of vibration, which might affect the sound, but I don't think any stand that poorly made would sell. And while I prefer Flexson myself, I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Sanus. Now, if it was 'Joe Blow's supder duper speaker stands" for $20, then I'd be pretty skeptical 🙂
Speaker stands need to serve two purposes. First, they need to get the tweeter firing at the level the ears are when in the listening position. And two, they need to provide a safe and stable place for the speakers to be left in, given the needs of domestic environments that may include infants/pets. Things like cable management for a neater look are a bonus. All else is hype.