Answered

Samsung TV and Sonos

• 1 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi there, recently bought an older model Samsung (NU7100), and Sonos Beam etc. Sonos is wired and working well without the TV (music only). But I am having issues with TV connectivity.

Things I've tried;

• I connected the Beam via HDMI Arc (Tv input was HDMI arc). The sound was delayed and intermittently switched on and off.
  • I then ran an update on both the TV and Samsung, still same issue.
  • Tried turning off all products beside the Beam, still same issue.
  • Tried using the optical port on the TV (via the HMDI / optical adapter that came with the Beam). The only option on the TV that was now available to select other than the the "TV sound", did not work. No sound.
  • Went back to the HDMI Arc connection, it is now missing from the TV option menu.
Am I missing something? I am going to try another TV tomorrow, thinking maybe I'll try another HDMI 2 cable??

Thanks in advance... hoping it isn't something simple.. because I really am stumped...

Thanks
icon

Best answer by controlav 1 July 2019, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
rtings.com says "For ARC to work, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) must be enabled from the settings menu." so make sure you have done that, and make sure you are using the HDMI 3 port as it is the only one that supports ARC.

Use HDMI/ARC if you can. Also use Game Mode to reduce delay (this page says Game Mode is awesome).

Source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7100#comparison_2485

I standard hdmi cable does not fit into sonos bar. What cable do i use. 

Depends on which Sonos sound bar you’re talking about. The OP mentioned a Beam, which accepts HDMI-ARC as an input. 

The PLAYBASE and PLAYBAR take an optical connector, sometimes known as TOSLink. There are some TVs that have a “mini” optical output, those require an adapter to make the connection to the normal sized cable. Older TVs may not have an optical out port at all.