Skip to main content
Answered

Samsung Frame TV to AMP? (I don't want to use a soundbar, AMP only)

• 23 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, favor to ask the community as i’ve been searching for the last hr but no luck. 

I have a Samsung Frame TV and just installed an AMP + 4 sonos ceiling 8” speakers. 
I do not want a soundbar. 

So i’m curious how to get the sound working? 

I’m assuming HDMI-ARC from the FrameTV box to the AMP via HDMI cable? 

cheers 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @triplem, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m assuming HDMI-ARC from the Frame TV box to the AMP via HDMI cable? 

You are correct, connecting the Sonos Amp with your Frame TV via and HDMI cable would work.

I should mention though that you won’t get Surround Audio that way. You would need a second Sonos Amp which would connect wireless to the first Sonos Amp for the two back in-ceiling speakers to play Surround Audio.

To explain it better:

• Your current scenario:
    • 1 Sonos Amp → 4 in-ceiling speakers → HDMI to Frame TV. Two speakers would play the Front Left while the other two would play the Front Right on a Stereo setup.
  • Scenario for Home Theater Surround setup:
    • 1 Sonos Amp → 2 front L/R in-ceiling speakers → HDMI to Frame TV
    • 1 Sonos Amp → 2 back L/R in-ceiling speakers → wireless connection accomplished via the Sonos App for Surround Audio.

I hope this helps.

Hello Everyone.

I am in the same situation though mine is a bit more complicated as my amp is in the network cabinet down in the basement and I had run a cat6 but i have tried different hdmi-earc certified extender and still  75” frame tv not recognizing hdmi-earc sound output. 

my current temp solution is i got a optical cable over cat6 extender and by the amp i got optical to hdmi(by sonos) adapter and it works.
Main issue with that is i cant raise the volume through the tv remote only through sonos app.   

Anyone has this issue? what am i missing here?

Another iteration of the same…

I have a Frame TV, invisible speakers about to be installed, a house full of Sonos Connect:Amps driving Monitor Audio ceiling speakers for ambient music, and I want a good ultra easy way to address the TV surround sound audio side.

I’m looking at the Canton Smart Amp 5.1.  If that’s a good newer then “great.”  Unfortunately, the tech person I engaged with at Sound Approach has been less than helpful and they are the only US reseller.

I’ve read unclear posts about directly connecting two Sonos Amps to the Frame but, comments suggest that you don’t really get surround doing this.

What I’m after is a surround sound system that turns on when a signal is received from the TV, provides nice surround sound amplification to my speakers, and turns off when I power off the TV.

If anyone has this, please inform me of your configuration.

Otherwise, any thoughts?