Question

rumors new playbar

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

we hope it has all the audio and video decodings

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/5/2/21245203/sonos-upgrade-playbar-new?fbclid=IwAR19EgoXoxQ74F_qfx_0B6prL92Bj967yGu3v5FeCsDbeI4-xnmyVn_TTMc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

“Video decodings”? No. more audio codec support, sure.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

“Video decodings”? No. more audio codec support, sure.

Spero che sulla mia playbase  più recente che ha più memoria facciano di più rispetto alla playbar di vecchia gen

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m sure it will have at least 512M, likely more. The new codecs will need a lot more memory and bandwidth.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I’m sure it will have at least 512M, likely more. The new codecs will need a lot more memory and bandwidth.

Penso che sonos abbia sbagliato specialmente per quanto riguarda  la playbase uscita nel 2017 , non ha comprato i diritti dolby?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

My Italian is getting a lot better. ;-) Can’t believe the Playbase is from 2017 without HDMI, but it’s true…..

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Sure hope that they future-proofed the Beam and the new AMP for these two very new products to receive any new codec-support coming with S2. 

From experience, I would expect this to be the case as Sonos would likely aim at providing a seamless experience across the product range. 

Meaning that the hardware provided in the Beam and the AMP (e.g. memory and HDMI-ARC) will set the standards for any possible new features introduced by with S2 and the new Playbar. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Sure hope that they future-proofed the Beam and the new AMP for these two very new products to receive any new codec-support coming with S2. 

From experience, I would expect this to be the case as Sonos would likely aim at providing a seamless experience across the product range. 

Meaning that the hardware provided in the Beam and the AMP (e.g. memory and HDMI-ARC) will set the standards for any possible new features introduced by with S2 and the new Playbar. 

I hope so much ... if they do it is not necessary rivals are the top