Answered

Recommend HDMI cable

• 15 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there a recommended longer HDMI that will work with Sonos ARC, the one that came with it is shorter, I need 10' atleast, I have an LG OLED CX 2020 with eARC. I ordered the Crutchfields premium HDMI cable and it didnt work. Please assist. 

icon

Best answer by Diesel_ 17 July 2020, 00:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Any HDMI 2.0 or above compliant cable should work fine. I tend to purchase Blue Jeans Cables, often through Amazon, they have always worked well, and at a price point that fits my pocketbook. 

It seems strange that a cable sold to you by Crutchfield wouldn’t work, they are a reputable company. Have you contacted them about the issue?

Agree with Bruce on this.  Looking at the specs for your cable it should be fine.  Are you sure you have everything else setup correctly?  Did you get everything working with the cable Sonos provided?

Bruce, strange thing was the 6’ Crutchfield cable worked but the 10’ didnt. I did speak with them and they are sending me another 10’ one so lets see. 

Danny, yes the Sonos cable works great but its too small for me to run it through the wall. Specs wise I couldnt find anything from Sonos, its whatever would work with the new HDMI 2 + ethernet setup I was thinking. But Sonos should have a list of approved cables I would think so. 

Yea, sounds like it may just be a bad cable. Glad they’re replacing it. I’ve dealt with Crutchfield  since the 80’s, mostly on car stereo stuff, they’ve always been a stand up company.

Alright found the one that works beautifully. It’s by iBirdie. 

4K HDR HDMI Cable 10 Feet, HDMI 2.0 18Gbps, Supports 4K 120hz, 4K 60hz(4 4 4, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDCP 2.2) 1440p 144hz and E-ARC, High Speed Ultra HD Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RBWVBL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_geneFbP8V0G87

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That should work fine until the Sonos Arc:2 comes out which requires HDMI 2.1 support :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Alright found the one that works beautifully. It’s by iBirdie. 

4K HDR HDMI Cable 10 Feet, HDMI 2.0 18Gbps, Supports 4K 120hz, 4K 60hz(4 4 4, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDCP 2.2) 1440p 144hz and E-ARC, High Speed Ultra HD Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RBWVBL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_geneFbP8V0G87

@Diesel_ thanks for recommendation.  I bought an 8 foot ibirdie.  I think the 26AWG wire makes a difference.   I’m using it between my X1 DVR and my Sony X950H.  No more pixelated or stuck imaging.  I’m using the Sonos provided cable from the HDMI-ARC port and my Beam.  No problems there.  I have the Sonos network connected via Ethernet.  2 Ones are wireless.