Question about Arc placement Up Firing Speakers

• 9 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey all!

We purchased in home 6 years ago with an awesome theater set up with built in ceiling and wall speakers. It came with a 110” Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro Fixed projector screen with fancy LEDs around the edge and a really nice Epson 3D projector.

Fast forward 6 years and we have moved cross county and brought the screen and Epson projector with us with the hopes of installing it at our new house.

However, we don’t want to put holes in the ceiling and walls and run wiring for speakers, so we decided to go with a Sonos Arc, Sub, and a pair of One SL speakers.

After much research, we came to the conclusion the the Arc would just not work with the Epson projector, and we also didn’t really want to put a hole in the ceiling and run wires to the projector anyway. We were planning selling the projector and screen and buy a large TV with eArc, BUT my husband discovered the Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw projector and HDFury Arcana HDMI converter yesterday. We believe this should work with the Sonos Arc and project it onto the 110” screen and still get Dolby Atmos sound.

All that to say- the Optoma projector will have to go on top of the entertainment stand, and I’m having a difficult time figuring out the placement of the Arc in relation to it. The Optoma will take up most of the depth of the TV stand, leaving very little room for the Arc. I have found some TV stands that have a shelf that would be wide enough for the Arc, but my question is: will that distort the up firing speakers sound? Here is an example of a TV stand that I found for you to get a better idea. The projector would go on the top, and the Arc on the middle shelf. I obviously want to get the best sound and don’t want to distort it since it would be inclosed. I also included a picture of the Optoma so you can get a better idea of how much room it takes up on the TV stand.

Thank you for all of your help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Putting the Arc on the middle shelf is likely to cause some issues.  The rule of thumb is that you need 10 inches of open space above the Arc.  You also need some space on the sides for the side firing speakers.  4 inches if I remember correctly.