Playbase vibrating against TV stand

• 3 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi. I have a Playbase that was working fine for awhile. However, the past several weeks, I've been trying to figure out where a vibrating/rattling effect was coming from, particularly with certain types of dialogue. I discovered that the vibration stops when I lift the TV off of the Playbase. It is difficult for me to reposition it very much, because the footprint of the TV stand takes up much of the surface of the Playbase, although there is a little bit of wiggle room (maybe an inch or two, front-to-back). Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps a way to "cushion" it or something? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In similar (albeit not the same) situations, I've used various things such as felt pads made for putting underneath furniture feet, I've cut up mouse pads to match the "feet" of the device, and I've used that rubber matrix shelf lining , like this stuff, although not exactly that stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/Rainforest-Non-Adhesive-Non-Slip-12-Inch-20-Feet/dp/B01CTAKMA6/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1538580902&sr=1-5&keywords=Non-Adhesive+Non-Slip+Shelf
Userlevel 7
Hi bwolven

If the vibration stops when you raise the TV off the Playbase then I would assume it's your TV. Cushioning the Playbase will not stop the rattles in your TV. Cushioning the TV base may have an adverse effect; such as the TV wobbling, if the material used is too thick. I'd check the TV for lose pieces. Also, if it's the Playbase then I suggest you call Sonos as there may be something internally that needs to be correctly :8 Good luck to get your issue resolved.

Cheers!
AjTrek, I was referring to cushioning the TV, while it's resting on the Playbase, but your point is well-taken. I've been wondering if, perhaps, getting vibrated from sitting on the Playbase has caused a screw in the TV stand to come loose or something. Probably worth checking (once I get some help - it's a bit heavy and unwieldy). Thanks!
Same problem with a Visio 70’. I tried various methods mentioned here to no avail. I remedied the problem by taking the plastic off the metal base and spraying foam (Home Depot or Lowe’s, used for installing new windows or doors) on the metal then screwing the plastic back on.

You have to be very careful to only use foam that does NOT expand. Gap filling foam will crack the plastic once screwed back down. Don’t know from experience, just logic.

Vibration gone.