Playbar Surround drops off

• 9 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I’ve got Playbar and two Play 1 set up as sorround. Right sorround keeps dropping off. Multiple factory reset , connecting to ethernet has not helped at all. 

I then took this to sonos support and spend over 2 hours on chat / phone call / remote session giving access to my computer. my router settings chagnes multiple times , router rebooted multiple times. All Sonos rebooted multiple times , ungroup sorround and regroup it. But nothing helped. 

It’s only with Right side sorround speaker the problem. After spending much long time on my computer thru remote doing commands / pings / changing IP settings Sonos engineer just does not want to give up and looking at me as if one trying to score free speaker.   

With sonos I would expect some trust in customers and be fair just replace the bloody faulty bit , why piggy bank on customers to figure out issue with your software while in this case it’s evident hardware is at fault.   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Does it make any difference if you switch the two speakers by setting up the left speaker as the right surround and right speaker as the left surround?

Yes, if I swap still the very same speaker that was configured as right earlier is now left and won’t work at all. So it’s clear that speaker is at fault. 

Userlevel 7

Does that speaker work ok all by itself? Do the two work together as a stereo pair? What router are you using? Are you able to connect your Playbar to the router with an ethernet cable?

when I unpair them , the good speaker is available to play on it’s own but the bad one appears in my sonos app after 15 mins or so and from there it does work at least whilist I am looking at it. The sad part is sonos tech wants to play on my cost to debug their product keep me haning. 

Userlevel 7

May I ask what router you are using?

it’s telstra / 

Technicolor DJA0231