Playbar out of sync

• 19 August 2017
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Only one remote at a time can be paired with the Playbar

With my samsung i had both remotes working with the playbar.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
You get sound drop outs.
After 7.3 the dropouts have improved, an interesting word to describe the dropouts being less frequent. So something in that update did something to the problem.
Sonos's continual denial of the problem and blaming it on the manufacturers doesn't wash. Too many different devices get drop outs. Recorded and blu ray playing, on the same devices, do not get drop outs. This points to something in the sound data stream that Sonos is not handling properly which is causing the problem.
I do not beleive in coincidendece or causation being a fact but the facts as they are do point to Sonos.
I have tried every combination of wired, not wired, replace cables...you name it and I've tried it. Nothing works.

I'm now waiting to buy a bigger TV so I can ditch the annoying system which must choose what peripherals you must add to it for it to work. I have had enough of work arounds, settings and general faffing about.

It does sound great when it's working properly.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
sound drops are back, absolute bullshit
The mess that 7.4 update has made of Playbar sound also suggests that Sonos are not really on top of this. Although until that happened I had personally experienced no problems with the Playbar.