Answered

Play1s won’t connect as surround to Beam

• 28 December 2018
  • 10 replies

I have a beam setup in my living room and had two Play1s setup as surround. I had to move them, so they were unplugged and now they won’t reconnect. We plugged the Beam directly into the router via Ethernet, still no luck. I am getting a “Setup Incomplete error- check that the speakers are plugged to power and that the date and time settings on the device are correct.” I submitted diagnotic report 424563981.
icon

Best answer by eric.enders1 28 December 2018, 23:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Just to check one thing first - having connected the Beam by Ethernet you haven't turned off wifi in the Beam's room settings have you?
WiFi is still enabled in Room settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a beam setup in my living room and had two Play1s setup as surround. I had to move them, so they were unplugged and now they won’t reconnect. We plugged the Beam directly into the router via Ethernet, still no luck. I am getting a “Setup Incomplete error- check that the speakers are plugged to power and that the date and time settings on the device are correct.” I submitted diagnotic report 424563981.

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Beam sees the missing unit but it isn't showing up. Most likely the unit doesn't have a valid IP address. Please try rebooting your router, then also reboot the missing speaker by removing them from power for 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Beam sees the missing unit but it isn't showing up. Most likely the unit doesn't have a valid IP address. Please try rebooting your router, then also reboot the missing speaker by removing them from power for 10 seconds or so.

Hi Jeff, I did the suggested and had the same issue but different error message. Now the error says “Surround setup error- make sure the speakers and Beam are connected to power.” Which they all are...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jeff, I did the suggested and had the same issue but different error message. Now the error says “Surround setup error- make sure the speakers and Beam are connected to power.” Which they all are...

Can you send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number?

Hi Jeff,

I think I need to call and get someone to help. We were out running errands and when I got back to send you the diagnostic repost, my Beam is no longer showing in my Sonos app. It is connected to the router directly (Ethernet) so I don’t understand why it has been dropped... therefore I can’t send the diagnostics since it isn’t in the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jeff,

I think I need to call and get someone to help. We were out running errands and when I got back to send you the diagnostic repost, my Beam is no longer showing in my Sonos app. It is connected to the router directly (Ethernet) so I don’t understand why it has been dropped... therefore I can’t send the diagnostics since it isn’t in the app.

That's the first thing to look into. Here's a guide which should help you get reconnected to your system. If the unit is wired into your router, my guess would be that your controller is connecting to a different network, or maybe a guest network.

If you'd prefer, you can contact our phone team who will help get your system back up and running. Our phone number and hours are found here.

Hi Jeff,

That's the first thing to look into. Here's a guide which should help you get reconnected to your system. If the unit is wired into your router, my guess would be that your controller is connecting to a different network, or maybe a guest network.

If you'd prefer, you can contact our phone team who will help get your system back up and running. Our phone number and hours are found here.

Jeff, I was able to get the Beam to show in my Sonos app after resetting my controller on my phone. I ran diagnostics and got the following number 813894800. (I am on hold with customer care, for over 45 minutes now, so I thought I’d keep working with you as long as I can. I appreciate your quick support!)

Hi Jeff,

Jeff, I was able to get the Beam to show in my Sonos app after resetting my controller on my phone. I ran diagnostics and got the following number 813894800. (I am on hold with customer care, for over 45 minutes now, so I thought I’d keep working with you as long as I can. I appreciate your quick support!)

The issue has been resolved. Phone support discovered that my “technicolor router” had a setting that needed to be disabled. We disabled the DHCP Reservation State and all is well again! Thanks again for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jeff,

The issue has been resolved. Phone support discovered that my “technicolor router” had a setting that needed to be disabled. We disabled the DHCP Reservation State and all is well again! Thanks again for the help!

That's good to hear. Glad you got everything sorted.