Answered

Play:3 vs Play:1 for surround w/ Playbar & Sub.

• 18 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I currently run my Play:3s as surrounds for my Playbar & Sub. Is there any advantage in running Play:3s for rear surrounds vs Play:1 in this configuration?  The sub takes over low frequency duty from the Playbar.  Is the low end pulled out of the rears, as well?  If so, there might be no advantage in running 3s and they might serve better in a stand-alone mission elsewhere in the house. Meaning, they might be overkill for surround duty in this config.

Thoughts?

-JR

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 23 July 2020, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jfrtwo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concern.

I would recommend reaching out to our sales team for a more thorough discussion on what's on sales, what functionalities you can take advantage of, and what options you have to get the most out of the products on sale. I would also suggest reaching out to other members of the community who may have the same idea or possibly set up as what you have.

Let's try reaching out to other members of the community to seek their advice and feedback on this setup. Here in the community, we are always ready to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As surrounds you won’t see a lot of difference in the two. Instead of that try them in your other room and if the Play 3s sound better there than the Play 1s use them there.

I kinda lean towards the Play 3s over a pair of One SLs for music but I really made the placement decision based on which fit the available space better rather than sound.