Question

Play 1's as rear speakers with Denon AVR-1912

• 22 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a Denon AVR-1912 receiver, NHT front speakers and a subwoofer (can't remember the brand) a Sharp 80" tv, all wired. I'd like to add wireless rear speakers and I'd love to use Play 1's. What would I need to do to make them work with my existing system? Thanks in advance.

I've searched the communities and read the other Denon questions but they didn't really replicate my setup.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can't use Sonos players in this kind of mix-and-match way. PLAY:1s can only be bonded with a PLAYBAR as surrounds.

It sounds like you should look into getting some conventional wireless speakers.
Badge
Thanks. By any chance can you recommend any wireless speakers that will work with my set up. I'll assess whether to do that or start over with a sonos playbar.

I'd also like to know if a Sonos Playbar and two rear Play 1's would sound as good or better than my set up now? If so, and I bet they might, would it be a noticeable difference? I'm moving from a house with a pretty large living room, to an apartment with a 12x15 size room. A lot of windows. I'd really like to lose some cables.

Thanks for any help/opinions you can offer.
By any chance can you recommend any wireless speakers that will work with my set up.
No, sorry. Not my area of interest.

I'd also like to know if a Sonos Playbar and two rear Play 1's would sound as good or better than my set up now? If so, and I bet they might, would it be a noticeable difference? I'm moving from a house with a pretty large living room, to an apartment with a 12x15 size room. A lot of windows. I'd really like to lose some cables.

YMMV really. If you're used to a wide sound-stage from discrete front L&R speakers you may find a soundbar less than satisfying. Speaker selection is very much a personal thing, especially with the practical issues of locating HT speakers around a room.