Not always sound on Sonos arc with Samsung UE50J6240.

I recently got my Sonos Arc and Sub. But my Samsung UE50J6240 isn’t always sending threw the audio to the Arc. 

I have the Sonos Arc connected on the HDMI ARC port. And I got it working when I installed the Sonos ARC. But when I turn the the TV off and on again then it will not connect to the Arc. I have to psychically shut down the tv (disconnect the power plug from the socket). When I turn the tv on again then it will connect to the Sonos Arc and send threw the audio.

Is there something I can do? I want the TV to send the sound threw HDMI ARC when I turn it on and the put the Sonos Arc on the TV source.

• I tried changing the sound output on the TV to receiver when it’s not sending. Then it will try to connect to the receiver (ARC) but eventually it won’t send any audio.
  • I tried searching on the tv for HDMI-CEC /Anynet+ devices. But no result.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @BasDeG, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about your Sonos Arc sounds on your TV, so we can check further. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello Simon,

I submitted a diagnostic report: 56625730

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @BasDeG, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. upon checking on the diagnostic report. It shows that there is an Error reply timeout with the Sonos Arc. Kindly try to unplug the HDMI EArc cable form the Sonos Arc and from the TV for 1-2 minutes and replug it back in. And resubmit a diagnostic report so I can check if there’s any difference after this step. 

Hello @Simon B ,

I disconnected the HDMI Arc cable from the Sonos Arc for 2-3 minutes. After that I did the Diagnostic Report: 437939864

Still no sound from the TV on the the Sonos Arc. I did set the output from the tv to the receiver option (via HDMI).

Only 1 work around that works: disconnect the power plug from the tv. When the tv is rebooted the sound goes threw the Sonos Arc

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @BasDeG, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking on the diagnostic information, It shows that there is still an issue with the HDMI or CEC connections on the Arc to the TV. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Hello, is there any progress with this issue ? I have almost same Samsung TV (UEH55JU6412) and got same problem with connection with Sonos Arc.

• HDMI-CEC enabled
  • Sonos Arc connected via HDMI-ARC
  • HDMI cables for all devices are 2.0b with enough bandwith
  • TV running latest firmware, Sonos Arc updated to latest firmware

The only way how make it work properly is to unplug all HDMI devices from the TV and keep connected only Sonos Arc. Then I can make connection to TV via connect TV option in Sonos S2 app. Everything works fine until the TV is turned off. Then I need to repeat whole this process, so basically with each start of TV.

When searching for Anynet+ devices via TV menu, it will show in the progress bar Sonos Arc name, but at the end it will end no device found. 

When trying to connect TV via Sonos S2 app if also other HDMI devices are connected to TV, app will show that other devicing interfere with the communication and recommendation to unplug them.

Seems Sonos Arc do not communicate properly with this Anynet+ on those older Tizen models of Samsung TV.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MikeMaster, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue with your Sonos Arc. thanks for the information that you gave. Also, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B , diagnostic report 478804733 was sent.

I generated when it was connected to TV and works fine because I just replugged all HDMI devices as well as TV. I hope from diagnostic report you are able to see records at least from the last hour or even more.

If not, please let me know I will reproduce the issue and sent the diagnostic report immedately after.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MikeMaster, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, It doesn’t show any issues on your Sonos Arc, If the issue happens again, Kindly resubmit a diagnostic report so we can further check on this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B here is another disgnostic report from classic TV start when replugging of devices was not done a connection from TV to Sonos Arc does not work. Disgnostic report: 2053564318

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MikeMaster, thanks for the update and for sending another diagnostic report, upon checking, It shows HDMI broadcast blocked error, Sonos player cannot establish an HDMI-ARC audio connection because another HDMI device is interfering with CEC message traffic between the Sonos Arc and the TV. Are there other HDMI devices that may cause interference that is connected to the TV? The Sonos Sub also shows Bad cloud health or not good connections with the Wi-Fi network. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.