Answered

No Atmos sound via Sonos Arc

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor II
  • 17 replies

Hi, just connected new LG OLED TV to new Sonos Arc . All connections and set up verified by Tv and Sonos app. I can’t get anything to play with Dolby Atmos through the Arc even if I try Apple TV4K with movies featuring Atmos. Any assistance would be appropriated. TY 

icon

Best answer by Noel 25 May 2021, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Badge +1

Hi - I meant to type ‘appreciated’ 

Userlevel 7

What specific LG TV model do you have? Can you post your current audio settings?

Badge +1

LG OLED55C14LB (2021) OLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55 inch with Freeview Play/Freesat HD & Dolby Atmos

Audio output for Arc is selected on Tv and both devices are connected via the specified port for this on the TV 

Userlevel 7

Be sure eARC is enabled in your TV settings. Also be sure HDMI Input Audio Format is set to Bitstream and Digital Sound Output is set to Auto.

On your Apple TV, set Change Format to Off and turn on Immersive Audio.

Badge +1

All the settings above had been selected- just double checked them. 

Userlevel 7

Do you have a Netflix premium subscription? If so, when you watch the show Ratched on Netflix either on your TV’s native Netflix app or on the Apple TV, what audio does the Sonos app say the Arc is receiving?

Is there a Passthrough option for Digital Sound Output? If so, try that setting.

Badge +1

Yes - have Netflix Premium and Apple TV 4K. 
Sonos App shows everything playing as stereo PCM. This happens even though the film/programme is in Dolby Atmos. 
I also have the Sonos Arc intermittently deciding it’s not connected to the TV, which it clearly is . This is a problem I’ve noted a lot of users appear to have, as there are quite a few posts on the subject. 

I don’t have the Passthrough option you mentioned.

This is all quite frustrating and I’m wondering if the Sonos arc is fit for purpose! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You don't get Atmos with the TVs Netflix app? Wouldn't have thought you would need to configure anything for that to work other than adding the arc.

Does CEC need to be turned on with these newer TVs?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Be sure eARC is enabled in your TV settings. Also be sure HDMI Input Audio Format is set to Bitstream and Digital Sound Output is set to Auto.

On your Apple TV, set Change Format to Off and turn on Immersive Audio.

I wonder if Digital sound output needs to be set to pass through. Looking at the manual, that’s the only thing I can think of.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Here is the manual I believe for reference. 

http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/w21/global/Apps/w6.0_e04/e_eng/settings.html#

Userlevel 7

@Noel Do you have the latest firmware installed on your TV? What HDMI cables are you using to connect the Arc and Apple TV?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

These are the settings we use for LG:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC
Digital Sound Out: Passthrough (Settings > Sound > Additional Settings > Digital Sound Out)

eARC: On

Simplink: On

Latest Software should be: 03.21.21

Verify your source is outputting Atmos, check the HDMI cable (replace cable) and that it’s in HDMI port 2

Had similar issues until I switched off some “change format” in audio/video settings on the Apple TV 4K.

Badge +1

Managed to solve the issue. 
Discovered a “support eARC’ setting in LG TV advanced audio menu that needed switching on. This was in addition to the main audio output selection, and all the other selections that had already been selected. 
Thanks to all for helping out. 

Userlevel 2

Was having a terrible time with this situation (no sound from Netflix, Disney, Prime when streaming Atmos shows) then saw this thread and changed Digital Sound Out to AUTO. I had mine set to pass through.Problem solved :-)

Many thanks all.

Aloha!

I relocated my LG CX TV and Sonos Arc and couldn’t get from Dolby PCM to Atmos. Running the TV setup in the Sonos app appears to have done the trick.