New TV - Playbar does not automatically change to TV-input :-(

• 3 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Badge
Hi
I have been using SONOS Playbar with my old TV for years - never had any issues.
Recently, I bought a new TV (Philips POS9002).

When I turn on the TV, the SONOS Playbar does not change to TV sound 😞. I haven't changed anything else and TV-Autoplay is enabled in the app.

The Playbar is connected to the TV using optical toslink-cable.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

/Michael

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

This should not be TV dependent, the Playbar just detects the signal on the input.

I would try unchecking the TV Autplay option. Power TV and Playbar off. Power Playbar back on and check the TV Autoplay box. Power on the TV.

No guarantees but worth a try.
Badge
Thank you for answering. Unfortunately, I already tried your suggestions with no luck.
I assume TV sound is playing OK when you select it manually?
Badge
Yes - everything works as expected once I select it manually.
This may seem a daft suggestion but.... do you have another controller you could toggle the setting with? Or have you tried other controllers? Which controller are you using?
Badge
I use my iPhone or an iPad for SONOS.
I have a NEEO remote for my other devices, but it's SONOS-support is.... Erhm not ideal.

I'm not sure, what you're suggesting?
I have seen cases where the toggle on a particular controller showed as changing but was having no effect. The toggle on another controller actually worked. e.g. not on iOS but worked on the desktop controller or vice versa. Just a long shot, but maybe your controller is lying to you......
Badge
But I don't have any issues when I change setting with any controller. The problem is that the Playbar doesn't change to TV automatically, when I turn the TV on.
But I don't have any issues when I change setting with any controller. The problem is that the Playbar doesn't change to TV automatically, when I turn the TV on.All I am saying is that I have seen (rarely) cases where a controller shows something as toggled on when really, as far as the system is concerned, it is toggled off. That would explain it, but it is clutching at straws. If you had had a desktop controller to hand it would be worth taking a look, but as you don't it may just be best to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here, or call Sonos Support.
Badge
OK - I will try that. Thanks 🙂.