Question

My Sonos Arc has a right side bias to sound output..

• 1 September 2020
  • 8 replies

My Sonos Arc has a right side bias for sound output. The left side side pointing speaker has less volume and tone than the right side right pointing speaker. It does not matter what source I’m using (AppleTV or other streaming devices). The difference is extremely noticeable. All speakers seem to be working. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @caneycity1, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like to check the Sonos system with a diagnostic; I’ll need to check the settings on the Sonos Arc. 

In the Sonos App, go to Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and post the confirmation here.

I would like to know if you have made any changes on the settings.

When did the issue first started? after the First-time setup?

Update us with the confirmation and we’ll check the system.

I have the same problem with the rears.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @pixelfan, thank you for reaching out.

Please take a diagnostic of the Sonos system as well. 

In the Sonos app go to Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and post the confirmation here.

We will need to check for errors in the system.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

We noticed the problem just after installation. We have made no changes to the Sonos ARC. We didn’t even know we could make system changes. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. We do so want to enjoy the Sonos ARC. 

Thanks, 876145329

Having the same issue here with rears. Left side is so much quieter when playing tv and movies using Apple TV. When playing music in full mode it’s not as noticeable. This issue just started this week it seems like. Using Arc with TCL 55R625

what exactly is happening now with the diagnostic?

the balance is restored when I turn trueplay off

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi everyone, sorry for the late response.

I checked the diagnostic and couldn’t find any internal issues. 

@caneycity1, since this issue persists when it was first set up. I would recommend calling our Phone support to document the issue. This could be a hardware issue.

@thepug, I would like to know if you disable Trueplay you’ll have the same result as @pixelfan.

If you find that the issue to go away after disabling Trueplay, I would recommend both of you to call Phone support to documents the issue.

It would seem that either we have hardware failures or a Software bug.

In any case, our Phone support can escalate the issue if need be.

1 800 680 2345 Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm ET.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.