Question

My beam cuts out intermittently

• 25 February 2019
  • 3 replies

The speaker works fine and then cuts out now and then. Not sure why?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, aaronbaxter00. Typically, audio dropouts occur when the Sonos speakers are having a hard time keeping a strong connection to the network. Does this happen with all types of audio sources, or does this only happen on TV? Thanks!
It fine on my TV but when I put it through the beam sound bar it keeps cutting out. Highly annoying.

It’s seems to work fine on the sonos one and play 1 but not through beam. Would it help if I disconnected the beam for Ethernet cable and just do it through WiFi?
Userlevel 7
If I may Keith N (butt in :8)

Would it help if I disconnected the beam for Ethernet cable and just do it through WiFi?

Hi aaronbaxter00

Removing the Beam from Ethernet would actually be the opposite of what we'd recommend to resolve dropouts. Please check "About My Sonos" in the app to see if all speakers show as WM:0 which means you are in Wired (boost) mode for all speakers. If all show as WM:0 I suggest you follow the steps below. If the speakers show as WM:0 for some and differently for others then skip to step 9:

1. Check for updates for your TV and install them
2. Assuming all is well with your TV then unplug it
3. Also, unplug your Beam and your other Sonos players
4. Check for updates to your router and install them if necessary
5. If router is up to date just reboot it and let it come back
6. Plug in your TV
7. Plug in your Beam and run setup again
8. Plug in your other Sonos players.
9. If the previous steps above don't resolve your issue(s) then I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and call Sonos Tech Support. Let us know which course of action resolved the problem.

Edit: I assume you've already done this as a trouble shoot...but...Make sure your cables are in good shape and fit tightly.

Cheers!