Answered

Music mode for surround sound setup

I have a beam, sub and 2 ones setup in a surround sound setup for my TV. It works great for movies and for playing music directly through sonos. The issue I am having is that I watch a lot of music videos on my TV. When listing to music I use the 'full' rather than using the surrounds for ambiant effects. I would love to be able to get something for similar when playing music through my TV.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 5 December 2018, 09:18

michaelghayes wrote:

I have a beam, sub and 2 ones setup in a surround sound setup for my TV. It works great for movies and for playing music directly through sonos. The issue I am having is that I watch a lot of music videos on my TV. When listing to music I use the 'full' rather than using the surrounds for ambiant effects. I would love to be able to get something for similar when playing music through my TV.

Not possible. You are watching TV regardless of whether movies, musicals, rock operas, music videos etc.; the Beam only recognizes that the signal is coming in from the TV, it doesn't know what's currently playing.

View original

2 replies

michaelghayes wrote:

Not possible. You are watching TV regardless of whether movies, musicals, rock operas, music videos etc.; the Beam only recognizes that the signal is coming in from the TV, it doesn't know what's currently playing.
I kinda assumed that was the current situation, but would love to get this as a feature in the future (via a toffle in the app). It seems like it should be pretty simple.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings