Question

Mounting ARC with vaulted ceilings

• 4 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Attached is a photo of my current living room set up. I am looking for advice on how to get the most out of my ARC upfiring speakers. 

can I mount it above the tv, where the current soundbar is? Should I move the tv up a foot on the wall and mount The ARC under it?

the ceilings are vaulted as you can see. I thought that mounting it above may get it closer to the ceiling for the “bounce effect”. 

that being said, it would be nice to get the best overall sound possible. 

thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mack6866,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your set-up question.

Though speaker location tends to be subjective and the Trueplay tuning process will make most necessary adjustments for audio quality, I personally would suggest mounting it below your TV. 

You could certainly place it in the exact location of the Playbar and road-test it for a bit to see how it sounds to you.  

I’m sure that Someone else would chime in to say just the opposite but in the end it’s your decision.