Lip sync beam and Samsung Q7

• 28 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I am having Lip sync issues between my Sonos Beam and Samsung Q7 TV. Does anyone else have similar issues and have you been able to resolve. I have tried all the audio delay settings etc but still have issues. For some reason it is only where I select Dolby digital on the TV and Sky, it’s at this point it all goes Pete tong. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have seen posts where users have suggested turning off any enhanced audio features on the TV, like virtual surround sound, dialog quality, 3D audio etc..and set things to standard output. Other users have suggested the 'optical' port output in some cases may work better than the HDMI-ARC port.

Hope that gives you some options to explore to see what may work best.?
Thanks. I will try. I don’t want to lose the option of 5.1 surround sound as that’s why I bought the Sonos set up. Will however try optical to see if that works. I have heard some people say it didn’t make a difference but you never know!
I agree. I would not want to lose the 5.1 output either, but hopefully switching off the TV audio enhancements will assist with the TV itself processing the audio stream and passing it over to the Beam.

Hope you sort it ..and if you do, perhaps post the method back here for other Samsung Q7 owners to use too. I assume you have also checked for the latest TV firmware, as that maybe helpful too?
Well that’s the thing. It has the lastest firmware over “air” as Samsung calls it. I.e updates automatically but have said to me there is another one I can download onto a memory stick etc and then manually update. So now need to sort a PC as Samsung didn’t tell me for their TV to actually work I will need a PC also!! We live in a IPad world, can’t even think the last time I had a desktop PC! 🙂.
Yes, I’m living in the iPad World too... there is a dusty PC lurking somewhere in our house, but it only springs to life now and then and when it does, it spends most of the uptime downloading its updates for Windows 10. (Still not as good as Windows 7, IMHO)

If my iPad ever breaks its a quick dash to the shop to replace it .. there would not be any rush on my part to sort a broken computer with the same urgency.?